VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've just put a 2.016v out of a GTI into my 84 rabbit. the car is running on CIS-Lambda, and i'm having fuel delivery issues. i'm using the standard CIS pump (75psi) with the motronic injectors. I'm getting fuel everywhere but the injectors themselves no matter how far open the airflow meter is. could it be the pump? the injectors? any help is greatly appreciated....i'm itching to get this thing running...

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Re: is there something i'm missing?? fuel issue (hella)

Quote, originally posted by hella »
i've just put a 2.016v out of a GTI into my 84 rabbit. the car is running on CIS-Lambda, and i'm having fuel delivery issues. i'm using the standard CIS pump (75psi) with the motronic injectors. I'm getting fuel everywhere but the injectors themselves no matter how far open the airflow meter is. could it be the pump? the injectors? any help is greatly appreciated....i'm itching to get this thing running...

did you remember to keep a fuel filter in the swap?
I did a similar swap into my 86 Cabby, forgot the filter and clogged up the fuel distributor. U might have to change the dist. or backflush it somehow.
Good luck!! You'll enjoy it when its done.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: is there something i'm missing?? fuel issue (Wasserwerks)

no theres a filter there, and i drained /flushed the tank before i put it in. the fuel lines are brand new as well...so if i do indeed have a clog, its in the fuel distributor (which is very likely knowing its origin). i'm going to change the pump tomorrow, and if that doesnt solve it, i'll switch the fuel distributor. i'm hoping this car is worth my trouble (from what i hear, it should be). thanks
any other suggestions?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts