VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
....oil in the hose circled in the pic below? It's actually a connector that's plugged into the hose circled.
As I was replacing vac hoses, I noticed the connetor was sticking out of the hose a bit so I thought, "That's not good; I'll put a clamp on it." So, I pulled the connector out and it had oil on it. Is this an OK thing or a not-so-good thing?

·
Registered
18,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Is there supposed to be.... (Black_cabbie)

I don't know; it's connected to a junction which is attached to an air hose, so could be. Didn't get a chance to check Bentley this a.m.
And yes, a clean engine is usually a happy engine; can't tell from that pic, but it actually needs a bath. A guy at a VW dealer (now out of biz) looked in there for the first time and said, "
Your engine compartment's the cleanest I've ever seen! That's good, 'cuz mechanics prefer working on clean engines; you can clearly see where leaks are and such." I get it from my clean-freak dad

·
Registered
4,889 Posts
Re: Is there supposed to be.... (kamzcab86)

yes that is getting some of the recirculated gasses so some oil is expected to leave there, no worries, by the way are you ready for some free accesories yet?
(actually I would not say free since you help us so much
)

Modified by stevelangford at 8:12 PM 9-24-2004

·
Registered
18,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: (89 cabriolet)

I do indeed have a pic or two for you 89; will post it up tomorrow for ya http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
Steve: thanks! Something else to add in Bentley: some oil in this hose is A-okay

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.