VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so here's the link: this lady wants 12K for this car - looking at it, i'd say it's a 2.slow GL - am i right? i don't even want to look at it in person if she seriously thinks that someone will pay 12K for this car... i'm thinking it's 10 max with 28,000 on it. what do you guys think?
http://www.cars.com/go/search/...al#10

·
Registered
26,182 Posts
Re: is this a 2.slow? or a 1.8t? can anyone tell from the pics? (mn20AE)

that year with the miles, definitely a 2.slow

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that's what i'm thinking - she thinks she's got it a grand under blue book...

·
Registered
26,182 Posts
Re: (mn20AE)

Quote, originally posted by mn20AE »
i am so lucky to be in the presence of such wise men. thanks.

thanx
however i cant speak for this paul character

·
Registered
7,778 Posts
Re: (mn20AE)

with no model badge on the back, its a 2.0 fo show, other wise it would say 1.8t or TDI or GLI etc
2.0 they are so damn ashamed they dont even label it

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: (Comeorigional_0)

Quote, originally posted by Comeorigional_0 »
This might be a dumb questions but do the 2.0s have asr? It looks like a solid button to the right of the hazards

the button threw me as well - that was the only reason i thought it COULD be something else

·
Super Moderator
'17 Audi A7 Prestige, '08 BMW R1200RT, '96 VR6T Cabrio, '89 Tristar Syncro TDi, '80 Scirocco "S"
23,375 Posts
Re: (VR6inAZ)

Quote, originally posted by VR6inAZ »

thanx
however i cant speak for this paul character

Dang Polish God, that hurt! At least I return my IM's.

·
Registered
7,526 Posts
Re: (Comeorigional_0)

Quote, originally posted by Comeorigional_0 »
This might be a dumb questions but do the 2.0s have asr? It looks like a solid button to the right of the hazards

ASR or even ESP buttons are usually to the left of the hazards, what you are looking at in that picture appears to be the rear window defrost switch. That is definitely a BASE model GL. No bells or whistles there, doesn't look like it has anything optional on it whatsoever.

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
Re: (Black92EightValve)

That's Platinum Gray, with no chrome trim, which means that it can only be 2003, and in 2002.5ish they changed the exhaust tips to the rear valance cutout on the 1.8T's and although there are 1.8T's in the 2003 GL models it would not be a 1.8T without the rear valance cutout. and it's super rare but there are 2.0's with ASR, or ESP, but only in the GLS models.
When i worked at LeSueurs i sold a Tornado Red GLS 2.0 Golf that had cloth seats, ESP, and heated seats.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Re: (Lowassveedub)

My sister had a 2003 1.8 T with no engine badge and steelies with a four spoke (non leather steering wheel). There is no way to tell from these pictures.

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
Re: (gtiup03)

Quote, originally posted by gtiup03 »
My sister had a 2003 1.8 T with no engine badge and steelies with a four spoke (non leather steering wheel). There is no way to tell from these pictures.

you can tell by the lack of ASR and the lack of the rear valance cut out. In 2003, which is what year that car is, all 1.8T's had either ASR or ESP, and they all had the rear valance cut out.

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
Re: (Black92EightValve)

Quote, originally posted by Black92EightValve »

ASR or even ESP buttons are usually to the left of the hazards, what you are looking at in that picture appears to be the rear window defrost switch. That is definitely a BASE model GL. No bells or whistles there, doesn't look like it has anything optional on it whatsoever.
my bad i ment the left

1 - 20 of 22 Posts