VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found this at a parking lot in school. I noticed the rims and Ive only seen these type of rims on BEENANA's SLC and BERTO's 95 Corrado. I also noticed the headlight washers (whatever the name is). Interior was Tan Leather and the steering wheel was just like any other US spec SLC. No Airbag. Can this car be a 1992 1993 or 1994 Canadian Spec? I know the 95's steering wheels came with airbags so Im guessing this car is a 92-93-94. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
18,646 Posts
Re: Is this a Canadian Spec SLC??? (VTEC I praise thee)

Sure as heck is...http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
If you're in NY, I would say it's VWCORADO's, but he no got no rock chips.
He's a freak...but in a good way!
- Jack

·
Registered
18,646 Posts
Re: Is this a Canadian Spec SLC??? (VTEC I praise thee)

Okay, NOW I'm pissed...

I've never seen a C-spec Corrado in CT, now I gotta track this guy down...

- Jack

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Re: Is this a Canadian Spec SLC??? (vdubjb)

Nope, no 92 VR6's in Canada. If it had passive seatbelt restraints, then in fact it is a Canadian spec. Another thing you may want to look at is the steering wheel, I know that many Canadian spec Corrados came with the 3 Spoke leather wheels. And yes, its normal ride height for us Canucks, what with all the snow and such

Gopal

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Re: Is this a Canadian Spec SLC??? (NeedSLCBad)

the smoking gun would be to check out the stock foglamps.. if there are no bulbs inside, then it would be CDN spec.. Perhaps that would explain the aftermarket fogs? Did you check to see if the dude had a stock foglight switch?
beenana

·
Registered
703 Posts
Re: Is this a Canadian Spec SLC??? (CorradoGuy)

That's definetly a Canadian spec C.
Looks like he drove thru a meteor shower! Poor C.

quote:[HR][/HR]Nope, no 92 VR6's in Canada.
Gopal[HR][/HR]​
Sorry Go.... I'm gonna have to disagree with you on this one. There are Canadian '92vr6 C's. I know cuz the motor, all running gear, dash and interior in my a2vr golf are from one.

·
Registered
5,511 Posts
Re: Is this a Canadian Spec SLC??? (DUBTASTIK)

yeah that's a canadian car, i think.
1) wheels
2) no autobelts
3) headlight washers
4) cheesy fogs
but some things that you should look out for are:
1) check for a toe hook at the passengers side of the rear bumper
2) the steering wheel shouldn't be like a US steering wheel at all. it should be flat, not concave like the US wheels, and the horn should be rippled. if not, then it should be 3 spoke.
-danny

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Re: Is this a Canadian Spec SLC??? (CageyBee)

i forgot about the damned towhook!! and just last week i was telling someone about it.. as for Canada not getting any 92 VR6's, i have to kinda agree with that.. but let me splain something... my Corrado is a 93 VR6... big deal you say.. my build date is 12/91.. big deal you say.. i have seen a US 92 SLC with a build date of 12/91... so, here's the big question.. why is my Canadian VR6 Corrado a 93 and not a 92?? Transport Canada probably had something to do with that, or VW or someone.. let's see some of the VW experts on here give me an answer.. also, I don't think I have ever seen a 92 Corrado for sale in Canada.. not that I recall anyway.. I think they may have skipped 92 in Canada, but sold them as 93's, and maybe that's why we got them in 95... anyone beg to differ? I'm not trying to open a can of worms here, i just want to know the secrets of the universe.

beenana

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.