VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im trying to install the drivergear springs i just picked up and put on my summer wheels. I recently was getting and oil change service and decided to ask vw how much would they charge. Just need some opinions whether its too expensive or not, before i go to my local shop.
spring install 270
alignment 80
tires install ( free) tires already mounted on rims
rear brake replacement 170
Let me know whut u guys think before i pull the trigger. I almost feel more comfortable with vw, especially since i have an extended warranty which im brunin thru quickly...38k so far and it not even two years yet...

· Registered
165 Posts
Re: (smiceli)

I think I was just quoted $350 for my rear brakes. At 50k miles, apparently I have about 10,000 miles more before I need to replace them (3 mm of pad the technician told me), so I'm waiting. $170 and I would have pulled the trigger already.

· Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: IS this a good price for an install??? (CuBanLiNk1981)

Nice.. thanks for the feedback... I guess i actually have a good vw dealership near me ...JUst confirmed the service appt... for everything...
gotta love the 'tex http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Registered
2,287 Posts
Re: IS this a good price for an install??? (pete-the-fish)

Honestly I would do the rears yourself. It takes 20 minutes once jacked up. Plus you would save at least $100 for the labor they are gonna charge you to do it.

· Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: IS this a good price for an install??? (sugmag)

I dont have the tools nor the know how of how to do it honestly, I got a local guy at the shop who would put in my brakes for 50 bucks and i would just buy the oem pads which i know i can get pretty cheap.... it would prob save me like $80 but I almost rather pay it for the piece of mind...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.