VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok get this... I decide to get a second beetle, because the lease on my first one was over. I now have a 2001 beetle which I got at the end of July. Since then my car has gone back to the shop 4 times.. .always the same problem. While I'm driving my EPC light goes off and gives me no power. So im trying to get home, and im stuck at a red light, and I have my food on the brake. My RPM's begin to rev up, BY THEMSELVES. All the way up to 5,000 and then back down. WHATS GOING ON?? So im almost home, and then my check engine light goes on. This hasn't happend once, but 4 times. All 4 time VW claims to have "fixed" it. I THINK NOT. What should I do? P.S... for all you beetle users, there is this "safety" feature that i found out a couple of days ago that caused me to get stuck in a parking lot. If the light for the gear shift goes out, the gears lock and you cant get out of park, and you have to get your car towed. Just thought i should let you know.
Anyone have any suggestions...

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.