VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When i turn my wheel at idle, the idle goes down a bit. Sometimes if i let my car coast in neutral, the idle goes down as well. One time my car stalled from this. Usually its alright.
Also the high pressure hose from rack to pump is wet and gooey and has been for 6 months. I think it may be leaking slowly, but never develops a drip.
What do you think??? I have already checked for vaccum leaks. Took the manifold off yesterday and did new plugs and wires and put it all back together. Vaccum tested a couple of areas as well. Confused and conviced that is the power steering fing it all up

·
Registered
23,352 Posts
Re: Is this a power steering prolem???? (iceguy)

Could be that the pump is fitting against your V-belt and that why you would notice the dip in RPMs.
Is there any problems with the power steering on your end? Easy or hard spots when you rotate from lock-to-lock?
Even my working PS pump can slightly lower the idle just a tad, but nothing that involved stalling the motor.
Have you complete a maintence check or tune-up lately? Anything replaced?
- Erik

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Is this a power steering prolem???? (bluefox280)

no problems on my end. Maybe its a little harder to turn the wheel stopped than when going tho

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Is this a power steering prolem???? (iceguy)

bump , my idle is still a little weird when coasting. Cant figure out what it could be? Sort of assosiated with the brakes but not really. More to do with turning the steering wheel

1 - 4 of 4 Posts