VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
he gave me a paypal address of his friends but i dont know how to verify it with paypal. i forgot theres something you do that lets paypal verify it??:confused:

·
Registered
10,467 Posts
he gave me a paypal address of his friends but i dont know how to verify it with paypal. i forgot theres something you do that lets paypal verify it??:confused:
call paypal? lol thats what i would do. They can verify it i believe. Honestly, i would just look for different wheels or similar wheels from somebody that is within driving distance of your residence.

Shipping wheels from a private seller can get really tricky. If i can't see the condition of the wheels before i paypal, i wouldnt even consider them!

Do what you think is best, but i would be running away from this "good" deal.

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
as a scammer, im going to give you my advice and that you should buy it from him and make sure you send your payment as a gift, he is really legit
:thumbup::thumbup:

but really, give it a try but make sure you use paypal and on a more serious note do NOT gift the money. just remember, you have 45 days after you pay to get your money back so if it starts getting shady around those last week or so, file a dispute. shouldn't be a problem:thumbup:

·
Registered
10,696 Posts
He can't even spell "center" right.

With no pics, and if he doesn't produce them, I'd say he's a scammer. Agreed with the above comment, it's like buying from someone on ebay with no history. On a site like this, you need to be a round a bit to build up a decent reputation.

·
Registered
9,784 Posts
I wouldn't buy from him... I won't hardly even offer people with under a few hundred posts... maybe thats why my stuff doesn't sell on other forums :banghead:

·
Registered
28,811 Posts
is paypal safe enough to get my money back anyhow? Need good advice.
paypal now incorporates tracking #'s into transaction details. so when you sell something and receive payment you can attach a tracking # as proof that you sent the item. so you could request that a tracking # be included on shipment. i however, have never had to file a paypal dispute/claim so i'm not sure if thats a 100% fool-proof way to ensuring you dont get scammed.

1,630 Posts
We will see how legit this child is. I am in Texas and I am going to say I want to pick them up! :D
Well since he says "tyres" and "centres" I'm assuming he isn't in Tx either :laugh:

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
ME: "Hey Andy, I am not far at all from you. I want to pick up the BBS LM reps, also, my friend here is interested in the other wheel set, but he will let me know if he can afford them."

HIM: "sorry frankie my location is brownwood but the friend who has the wheels for sale lives in Oakley, sorry i completely never coped on when you asked where i was and where the wheels were.

You can let me know anyway.

Thanks"

ME: "Oakley where?"

HIM: "up in manhattan.

Thanks"

ME: Oh sweet! My buddy lives up there for school. He can pick them up for me from your friend!

ME: "My buddy said he does want the other set of wheels you have, so let me know when we can come pick those up."

1 - 20 of 50 Posts