VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in New Jersey and thinking about using NightShade on my tail lights to make them black (in order to match with the color of my Jetta) However I am wondering if it is legal or not, I don't want to be pulled over every other day by our friends the Troopers. Anybody has any experience with this in Jersey?
The reason I am asking is that I was going to buy the smoked license plate cover and the sales guy at Strauss told me it was illegal... so.... I am wondering.
Thanks for any imput....

· Banned
22,906 Posts
Re: Is this legal??? (98VEEDUB)

jersey? everyting is illegal in jersey...dont you guys have those CAR INSPECTIONS or whatever they are specifically called.... ....they will fail you if you have a bug on your windshield hahahaa so i dont think nightshade smoking tail lights would fly in jersey...

· Registered
2,158 Posts
Re: Is this legal??? (WRC Dorikin)

Quote, originally posted by WRC Dorikin »
jersey? everyting is illegal in jersey...dont you guys have those CAR INSPECTIONS or whatever they are specifically called.... ....they will fail you if you have a bug on your windshield hahahaa so i dont think nightshade smoking tail lights would fly in jersey...

Sadly, he's not far off from the truth. Luckily you can pay off almost anybody that does inspections and get pretty much anything to pass. Then of course you are taking the risk of getting ticketed.

· Registered
10,538 Posts
Re: (98VEEDUB)

well, the liscence plate covers are illegal because they cause glare and if its tinted, you cant see it at night, about the tail lights, I dont know, my friend has it done on is mk2 jetta and hes been okay...

· Registered
10,136 Posts
Re: (derek95)

Yes illegal...BUT I'm in PA and have tinted my tails with nightshades....no problems yet. If you are gonna do this..use NIGHTSHADES...it's a great product. I haven't had ANY problemns from police, mainly because there is no noticeable loss in light transfer! So during the day, and at night...the taillights can clearly be seen...hence no pulling over. I can't say they'll be that understanding in dirty jerz....but if you wana do this, this i the route to go. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Registered
21,040 Posts
Re: Is this legal??? (WRC Dorikin)

Quote, originally posted by WRC Dorikin »

LOL
do you think having a half naked hula dancer on my dash will cause my jetta to fail?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.