1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
4,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dealer says its Wear and Tear.
On a car thats barely 3yrs old ?

· Registered
1,560 Posts
Re: IS this meant to happen to a 3yr old car ? (juventuss)

How is that a wear and tear item? It is probably never touched by human hands or even in use by the car. I would go back to the dealership and talk to the service manager. That shouldn't happen. Wear and tear items are things like brakes, headlights, taillights...things like that that are constantly in use.

· Registered
3,285 Posts

Call VWoA and complain about the dealer and this problem. You can also e-mail them these same pics. You also might want to try another dealership, to see what they say.

· Registered
5,871 Posts

I had the same thing happen to my Jetta. http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif That is NOT normal wear and tear
Tell them to fix it or you will report them to the better business bureau. That is what I did, and they fixed mines for free.

· Registered
5,073 Posts
Re: (abe1.8t)

Quote, originally posted by abe1.8t »
same thing here...
must have been hot inside my car.
how much $ are those things anyways?

there is no need to buy a new one. just press it back into place. it holds mostly under presser so just push it back out. and if need be go to the auto store by a 3 dollar bottle of the glue and glue it back on.

· Registered
25,414 Posts
Re: (airyk)

Quote, originally posted by airyk »
yeah dude, just glue it back in place...the car is 3 years old, and **** happens, just deal with it and move on...why waste time bitching about something that easy to fix?

5 seconds of your life wasted here holmes

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.