VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
5,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It looks like a vaccum line is supposed to go to the black thing but it has been the way it is since I bought the car 2 years ago. I have a possible lean condition and I'm trying to hunt down and rule out vaccum leaks.

· Registered
4,643 Posts
Re: Is this right? (slavextoxwages)

Quote, originally posted by slavextoxwages »
i jsut ran to my car to check...i can even find that....................

That's cause he has a different 2.0 from ours

After something like 1996, the 2.0s were changed from one type of on-board diagnostics to another, and the older ones have a slightly different setup.

· Registered
4,643 Posts
Re: Is this right? (blackvento36)

Quote, originally posted by blackvento36 »
what the hell is it? what if I just bypassed it and ran the line already connected to it to the idle air stabilizer?

It's some kind of muffler/buffer....or something like that. I'm not exactly sure, but it's probably important.

· Registered
725 Posts
Re: Is this right? (obvious510)

ahhh ok...i gotta really retarded question....im gonna get talked so much **** for this...i usually take my car somewhere to get it tuned/ fluids put in......i dont have a bently to check it......what the hell is the kinda white globe liquid canister with the blue top for? its in the top right corner of the engine bay.....transmission fluild? .....go ahead and talk **** too....i know....dumb question....

· Registered
5,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

ahhh ok...i gotta really retarded question....im gonna get talked so much **** for this...i usually take my car somewhere to get it tuned/ fluids put in......i dont have a bently to check it......what the hell is the kinda white globe liquid canister with the blue top for? its in the top right corner of the engine bay.....transmission fluild? .....go ahead and talk **** too....i know....dumb question....

Mine has a black top, but I'm pretty sure you
re talking about the coolant reservior

· Registered
3,507 Posts

you mean the one that connects to the radiator?
dumbass.

it's the battery. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Registered
3,507 Posts

forget it. ill figure it out. yes, that was stupid.

on german cars, the battery is a liquid in a sphere container.

I'm just messing with you. The blue lid thingy is the coolant, the green lid is the power steering.
Earlier cars (pre 96?) have black lids, but ours are colour coordinated because we're special. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Registered
4,643 Posts

....no...its kinda clear....its not the damn battery...

BAHAHAHAHAHA he was just messin with you, man. C'mon, you gotta expect us to give you a little crap. Don't EVER be afraid to ask questions, though. That's how you learn
ANYWAY, what you were describing sounds like the coolant pot (reservoir is too long to write...even though I just wrote it...) to me. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Registered
4,643 Posts
Re: Is this right? (Lobstrosity)

Quote, originally posted by Lobstrosity »

Earlier cars (pre 96?) have black lids, but ours are colour coordinated
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

Damn....mine's not color coordinated, and I drive a 97. Am I still special?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.