VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is this the "incompatible" ECU from California?

I remember mrkrad or someone saying that there was a Digi-I ECU from california that is incompatible with the "normal" chips. Is this it? I noticed that the sticker is a different color than mine (mine's purple, IIRC), and it only says "DIGIFANT", while mine says "DIGIFANT I". It does have the MAP sensor port, and the seller says it's from a Corrado...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2401301626&category=6763
Neal

[Modified by SUV-ETR, 12:09 PM 1-31-2003]

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
Re: Is this the "bad" ECU from California? (SUV-ETR)

I'm the one who has the "bad" ECM. If it is from a 1992 g60 and if it is OBD1....walk away now.
....I'll try and get the serial number of mine to verify which one it is.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Is this the "bad" ECU from California? (AXISMODE)

quote:[HR][/HR]I'm the one who has the "bad" ECM. If it is from a 1992 g60 and if it is OBD1....walk away now.
....I'll try and get the serial number of mine to verify which one it is.[HR][/HR]​
I guess I should have phrased that better. Sorry! I didn't mean to rain on your auction, just wanted to find out if it was one of the "incompatible" (probably more appropriate than "bad"!) Digi-I ECU's.
Neal

·
Registered
29,608 Posts

hard to tell from that angle, hold up a stock ecu and see. The obd-1 ecu's just have alot more pins, thus the harness is completely bigger. Looks like a later model g60 digi-1 but i wouldn't put my name on it till i counted the dimensions: 25 , empty or filled is right, the obd-1 harness is bigger.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Re: Is this the "bad" ECU from California? (mrkrad)

If you're talking about the CQ box, it should be the same as the CR or B box most G60's have...but yes, it's from a California car. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

[Modified by URIN 2ND, 6:10 PM 1-31-2003]

·
Registered
3,205 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]I'm the one who has the "bad" ECM. If it is from a 1992 g60 and if it is OBD1....walk away now.
....I'll try and get the serial number of mine to verify which one it is.
I guess I should have phrased that better. Sorry! I didn't mean to rain on your auction, just wanted to find out if it was one of the "incompatible" (probably more appropriate than "bad"!) Digi-I ECU's.
Neal[HR][/HR]​
NO dude...it's not my auction...I'm the one ur talking about with the problem finding a good chip cause of that ECM and the one mrkrad is trying to help. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
29,608 Posts
Re: Is this the "bad" ECU from California? (URIN 2ND)

he's not , out of pity i'm gonna spend alot of time to make a hardcore chip for him. If you nag me enough i'm generally a pushover lol.
And no , this isn't the first time i've done one, i've got a stage 4 chip for that car sitting around here on my harddrive.
axismode's case is unique, he's pushing his car well beyond the design limitations, and needs special attention.
We'll make him a short bus chip
j/k
I just feel bad for someone thats blown up so many motors. I can't even afford to blow up my own motor once, but i've been in his shoes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.