VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
28,129 Posts
mybad.. lol idk why it didnt work

yes that is upside down.
at least compared to how i installed mine.
the adjuster needs to sit at the top, so that... as you found... you can get the wrenches on them.

edit:
i guess according to someone above, they might be right if you are on FK streetlines... but if thats the case, i am really glad i have HR ultra lows instead. since putting the adjusters in the arm cup like that basically forces you to drop part of the suspension to get them adjusted.

· Registered
Your Sister
9,657 Posts
FV-QR

I had mine installed on the bottom, and if I ever had to adjust it, it was too easy. You just unbolt the top strut bolts and push the LCA down. It seems sketchy to have it on the top.

· Registered
28,129 Posts
I had mine installed on the bottom, and if I ever had to adjust it, it was too easy. You just unbolt the top strut bolts and push the LCA down. It seems sketchy to have it on the top.
why?
the weight of the car keeps everything in place.

i just have to slid my jack under the car to make space for me to reach... no need to unbolt, pushed down, adjust, pull up, bolt... etc.

koni and hr adjusters go on top... and i am sure others as well.

and if i remember correctly even at full sag in the rear, there is no way the adjusters would ever be able to 'fall' out.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.