VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my wifes GLI when you start the it the headlights will go up and down and aim thereselves. My GTI doesnt do that...is it supposed to or are the GTIs different from the GLIs??
Also I dont have DRLs not that im complaining.

·
Registered
8,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Is this wrong?? (1.8T At A Time)

Quote, originally posted by 1.8T At A Time »
With your DRLs coded off, you won't see the lights level from inside the cabin when you start the car. If you want to see them level, turn on your headlights FIRST, then start the car.
Hope this helps

http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
478 Posts
Re: Is this wrong?? (abadGLI)

Holy Crap....There have been 6 Million posts on this. The Headlights in your GTI will leverl ONLY and I say ONLY when the angle of your car has changed..... If your car was started on a flat surface then stopped on a hill or had a load put into it....when you restart your headlights will level. If you do nothing to change the status qoue then your headlights wont level. That is straight from VWoA. I am on my 3rd set of headlamps and my second Dealership.....They are finally right. It took 3 months and a lot of driving a MK4 Base golf to get these darn headlights right.

·
Registered
42,789 Posts
Re: Is this wrong?? (Jetta109)

Quote, originally posted by Jetta109 »
Holy Crap....There have been 6 Million posts on this. The Headlights in your GTI will leverl ONLY and I say ONLY when the angle of your car has changed..... If your car was started on a flat surface then stopped on a hill or had a load put into it....when you restart your headlights will level. If you do nothing to change the status qoue then your headlights wont level. That is straight from VWoA. I am on my 3rd set of headlamps and my second Dealership.....They are finally right. It took 3 months and a lot of driving a MK4 Base golf to get these darn headlights right.

I'd like to tell you that you're correct. However, I don't think I can.
Scenario: I drive home at 11:00 in the evening and park my car. I turn my car off. I go in the house, not to return to the car until after dark the next evening. In the course of those 20 or so hours, I never remove or place any articles into the trunk or passenger cabin. When I return the next evening to drive the car somewhere, the headlights do their little auto-level dance as soon as I start the car.
So it would seem that VW *still* doesn't have yours right if that's not what yours are doing. <shrug>

·
Registered
8,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Quote, originally posted by Jetta109 »

Dont think that is correct cause EVERYTIME my wifes starts her car the lights adjust themselves. Well I cant say everytime, but everytime I drive it it does.

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
Re: Is this wrong?? (abadGLI)

Yes I agree that his GTIs units are not functioning correctly...The self check this unit goes through is normal...
Have the dealer ran a scan of the lights to see if they are coded to have the auto leveling on....

·
Registered
478 Posts

Wonderful....Don't I look Foolish.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Re: Is this wrong?? (BRM10984)

Quote, originally posted by BRM10984 »
I'd like to tell you that you're correct. However, I don't think I can.
Scenario: I drive home at 11:00 in the evening and park my car. I turn my car off. I go in the house, not to return to the car until after dark the next evening. In the course of those 20 or so hours, I never remove or place any articles into the trunk or passenger cabin. When I return the next evening to drive the car somewhere, the headlights do their little auto-level dance as soon as I start the car.
So it would seem that VW *still* doesn't have yours right if that's not what yours are doing. <shrug>

Maybe you ate a hefty dinner and the wight change required a new leveling routine

·
Registered
42,789 Posts
Re: Is this wrong?? (Airkat)

Quote, originally posted by Airkat »
Maybe you ate a hefty dinner and the wight change required a new leveling routine

LOL!!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.