VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
DFW • ’21 V60 CC
673 Posts
I got this Pine Grey (greenish grey) over brown 2021 V60 last year after the lease on my ’18 XC60 ended (a Chinese-built one, for that matter), and I’m a big fan.

Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Sky

Vehicle Speedometer Gear shift Car Motor vehicle

I liked the XC60 as well, but this wagon fits me a little better, size-wise. I don’t need an SUV, and I like sitting just a little lower to the ground. Volvo’s interiors are beautiful, everything is well-laid out, and they drive well. The engine sounds a little coarse when you wind it out, sure, but it’s got plenty of pickup and with this being the T5 turbocharged-only engine, I’m not too worried about reliability. In the three years I had the XC60, nothing ever went wrong with it, and so far, this one has been smooth sailing as well.

I’ve driven Volvos for the last 10 years (P2 S60, P2 XC70, SPA XC60, and now this one) and this last one is my favorite. I still miss the seats in the P2 XC70, those were the best I’ve experienced, but everything else about this V60 is perfect—lots of functionality, the same tech that made the ’18 XC60 great, but in a prettier package (imho).

·
Registered
DFW • ’21 V60 CC
673 Posts
No, this is a Cross Country with the plastic cladding. It doesn’t stand out very much because of the color of the car, but it’s there. It doesn’t bother me much, but that’s probably because I used to have an XC70 which was a much worse offender in the cladding department.

The T5 is turbo only, has 250hp, and got an easy 32mpg while cruising from DFW to Port Aransas and back last week.

Like someone else mentioned above, there are a surprising number of Volvos in the DFW area. Four separate dealer groups sell the brand, so I’m sure that has something to do with it—you’re never far from a dealer. Also: Volvo has this concierge service now—like Lexus used to do, they pick up your car for service now, and leave a loaner. I don’t have to visit the dealership at all if I don’t want to.

·
Registered
DFW • ’21 V60 CC
673 Posts
Bursting Blue is a beautiful color on these new Volvos. My previous XC60 was BB as well, and I loved it.
Wheel Sky Tire Vehicle Car

1 - 3 of 3 Posts