• Rejoining the VWVortex Community - Please review the following thread: Here

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
45,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
McBroken Site Tells You Which McDonald's Ice Cream Machines Are Working

https://mcbroken.com/

Aiming to curb that all too familiar disappointment.

McBroken is a website that aims to curb that all too familiar disappointment that comes when finding out the McDonald’s you’re ordering from has a broken ice cream machine. Developed by software engineer Rashiq Zahid, the web app incredibly track which McDonald’s locations in the United States have a working ice cream machine.

McBroken was developed by reverse-engineering the fast-food giant’s ordering API. Basically, the site uses its own API to check the availability of a McSundae at each location by adding the frozen treat to an online order every 30 minutes.

The McBroken site also provides interesting percentage details about McDonald’s ice cream machines. Monitoring activity on the site, the percent of ice cream machines broken in the U.S. hovers between 7.5 and 7.8 percent and Phoenix, Arizona has the most out of service machines.

Head over to McBroken to find out the McDonald’s ice cream machines working near you.

·
Registered
SR71 C30 T53a/b/b A4
24,812 Posts
I don't eat ice cream and I don't go to McDonald's. I also have nothing usefull to add to this thread.

·
Premium Member
18,248 Posts
It's the one lousy thing I can order at McDs and I love it.

TBH, the API is fundamentally flawed because half of the sites don't pull ice cream from the menu when the machine is broken.

·
Registered
28,908 Posts
McD's isn't a place for ice cream.

But their dispensed shakes are pretty damn good (as mega fast food chains go).

·
I got a poop emoji! CHEVY!!
11,636 Posts
This is a stupid thread. No one on the internet EVER eats at McDonald's. They never shop at Walmart or buy products made in China either.

I used to go to McD every morning when their iced coffee was a buck. Now they charge almost as much as Dunkin so I'm back to Dunkin for my morning coffee stop. And of course I NEVER eat there. :laugh:

·
Registered
16,248 Posts
I thought this was just a meme. Anyways, I very rarely eat McDs except for a breakfast sammich here and there.
I couldn't tell you the last year I had McDonald's more than once in a year. enter 2020 and we've had it several times. :facepalm: :laugh:

·
I’m not a loser. I’m a winnah!!
39,582 Posts
Ice cream is never something I think of when I think McDonald’s. Not that I think of McDonald’s much anyway.

I’ve been to McDonald’s once in the past year, I think. Two chicken sandwich meals came to $28.90. That, in combination with the mediocre quality, is sufficient reason for me to not return for a long time.
$28.90? How much saffron and caviar do they put on the sammiches out there? Gosh.

·
Registered
28,908 Posts
Ice cream is never something I think of when I think McDonald’s. Not that I think of McDonald’s much anyway.

I’ve been to McDonald’s once in the past year, I think. Two chicken sandwich meals came to $28.90. That, in combination with the mediocre quality, is sufficient reason for me to not return for a long time.
Not possible - what currency is that (certainly not US Dollars)?

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
$28.90? How much saffron and caviar do they put on the sammiches out there? Gosh.
Two crispy chicken meals with a Minute Maid OJ for each is $27.42 according to Uber Eats. Add in tax and delivery fees/tip and you're easily over $30 USD.

·
Premium Member
2003 Jetta GLi VR6
1,251 Posts
According to the website, the one down the street from me says their ice cream machine is working.

Wouldn't buy ice cream at MickyD's anyways

·
Registered
RS3, JKU
18,099 Posts
All fast food has gone way up since covid. Can't get a burger combo around here for less than about $12-13, other than the junior menu stuff. Probably 15-20% more than it was a year ago.

·
Registered
5,885 Posts
Two crispy chicken meals with a Minute Maid OJ for each is $27.42 according to Uber Eats. Add in tax and delivery fees/tip and you're easily over $30 USD.
Around here a Starbucks single Uber Coffee is like $10 to $15 with tip. We only order is we pool a few coffee's for when we are at office and not WFH.

·
Learning New Things Every Day.
'12 Earth F**ker '12 A4q '18 Q3
17,414 Posts
Because we pay our McD's employees $15/hr+ by law.

Pretty much any fast food place around here is $10/person before add-ons and upsizing.

·
Registered
16,091 Posts
This is a stupid thread. No one on the internet EVER eats at McDonald's. They never shop at Walmart or buy products made in China either.
I don't think McDonald's soft serve ice cream is better or worst than any other place. We buy it once in a while.

Ingredients: Milk, Sugar, Cream, Corn Syrup, Natural Flavor, Mono and Diglycerides, Cellulose Gum, Guar Gum, Carrageenan, Vitamin A Palmitate

Looking at Dairy Queen, they use artificial flavoring.

I shop certain things at Walmart. Razor blades, shaving cream, shampoo, kitty litter, Eight O'Clock 100% Colombian coffee, distilled water, 20 packs of toilet paper, etc.

Everything I own is made in China.

·
Registered
16,091 Posts
Generally, our soft serve is maple creemee in Vermont. Vanilla mix with maple syrup poured into the mix. I'd bet the bag that goes into the machine has the same ingredient list as McDonald's.

...and the ice cream machine at the McDonald's 1.5 miles from my house was reported working 38 minutes ago.

·
Registered
23,034 Posts
I'll grab the occasional breakfast sandwich from them, but very infrequently think of ice cream. They haven't been a regular lunch stop in a long time, but even then, I didn't do the big combos or anything. It's just too much heavy greasy stuff all at once. I do think their fries are better than other fast-food slingers. I don't go there much, so I had no idea it was getting so expensive.

I know. I always thought there was something wrong with him... :screwy:

·
Registered
SR71 C30 T53a/b/b A4
24,812 Posts
I know. I always thought there was something wrong with him... :screwy:
How old are you? Five? :sly:

There's plenty wrong with me. :heart: :laugh:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts