VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I keep coming back to VW (and Audi briefly in the past) as my go-to, "normal" car. Currently in a MK7.5 Golf R Spektrum 91Blue but have had another MK7 Golf R in the past as well as an e-Golf, MK6 GTI, an S3, Q3 and B7 RS4. It certainly makes me appreciate the other cars I've got that are... well, let's just say they're nowhere near as practical :p.

Registered
Each of my cars is a very different experience from the others. Difference colors, too:
Miata: Machine Gray Metallic
Golf R: Lapiz Blue
Ghost: Smoky Quarts (a/k/a dark brown metallic)

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My EK9 Type-R landed last week after a two-year wait for it to be USA-import legal. I wouldn't say it's a nice car, but oh boy do I feel 16 years old again.

Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Car Vehicle

Registered
OP, pics of all the cars in your signature or ban! (jk, I saw some of them on your IG)

Registered
'94 Corrado/ '07 997tt/ '18 GC SRT
I'm not nearly as much of a VW fan as I used to be as I don't care much for the recent model lineup. And I've never been that into Audis. But I've owned a VW continuously since 1996.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

997.2 911, MK4 R32, S124 E320, W124 300E, GX470
Oh wow I remember seeing the photos of your 964 popping up on IG after the RUF conversion and you're also in WA, small world!

I started with VAG cars and still have my MK4 R32. I have a 997 now too and that's basically a spicy VW Bug, so it's in the same lineage :ROFLMAO:

Registered
When I was 18, my dad bought me my very first GTI MK1 in Mars red with the 1.6, then I realized I was dealing with a car that no other car came near to. I tried Ford XR3i's, RS Turbo's,Peugeot 205 GTi's etc. Nothing and I mean nothing came near to the feel of a VW GTI.
It was the reason I went into the trades as a auto mechanic. Since then I've had nothing else except fast VW's and 2 Audi UR Quattro Turbo Coupes with the 10 valve and 20v engines. I told the wife she can have what she want, but I will always want a fast VW GTI. Love my MK 8 SE GTI.

Registered
I'm not nearly as much of a VW fan as I used to be as I don't care much for the recent model lineup. And I've never been that into Audis. But I've owned a VW continuously since 1996.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Similar. I鈥檝e owned a VW since 鈥97. But for me that鈥檚 only been 3 cars. MkIII for 3 years, MkIV for 20 years and now my e-Golf for 7.

I dont have a VAG car or a collection of cars.
More than 1 = Collection

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I started with VAG cars and still have my MK4 R32. I have a 997 now too and that's basically a spicy VW Bug, so it's in the same lineage :ROFLMAO:
The MK4 R32 definitely is an itch I need to scratch someday. The sound and the proportions of the car, so good. And yes, all about those spicy VW bugs 鈥 heard them called aerobeetles too lol.

OP, pics of all the cars in your signature or ban! (jk, I saw some of them on your IG)
Hah I'll post some of them. Since photos of Ferraris are overrated, here's some track footage instead of the Scud

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Registered
1985 VW Cabriolet
I have one vw right now.
I had a 2-3yr stretch where i was buying and fixing constantly and has a nice little collection. the end of that i had the three i wanted. All running great, all registered
Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Car Plant

My current car:
Vehicle Tire Car Hood Wheel

some days i feel i am ready to move on to something more practical鈥 other days i love cruising around town in it.

Registered
1985 VW Cabriolet
The MK4 R32 definitely is an itch I need to scratch someday. The sound and the proportions of the car, so good. And yes, all about those spicy VW bugs 鈥 heard them called aerobeetles too lol.

Hah I'll post some of them. Since photos of Ferraris are overrated, here's some track footage instead of the Scud
Wheres the clutch? No shifting?

thats cheating. Two hands get to stay on the wheel and you don鈥檛 get to confuse your feet ever.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Wheres the clutch? No shifting?
thats cheating. Two hands get to stay on the wheel and you don鈥檛 get to confuse your feet ever.
ok ok I man up a little bit here :whistle:

Reactions: newusername

Registered
4th Tower of Inverness
VW/Audi takes up 3/5th's of my gang.

But they are all old.

Once a VW fanboi will always be a VW fanboi.
I don't agree.

I was once a hard core VW and Audi fanboi from 1980-to mid 90s, not anymore if that means I have to love the new stuff.

Registered
1985 VW Cabriolet
ok ok I man up a little bit here :whistle:
Looks a bit more interactive. Also the porsche definitely tossed you around a bit more.
Tracking looks fun, nothing i see myself having the time or money to do, lol but fun to watch.
thanks for sharing

I used to love watching the autocross races when i was younger

1 - 20 of 40 Posts