VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2016 GTI PP audobahn. Currently I'm running APR stage 1 with dsg tune. I just installed my cts turbo back exhaust about a month ish ago and haven't went to get my stage 2 tune as my APR dealer is 3 hours from me. Was wondering if I just say screw it and bought and installed an Is38 turbo how long could I drive it without tune before it has problems? I work almost everyday and it's hard to get time off especially being a single dad with my son, so I'm just wondering if it be a waste to go get stage 2 tune then go straight to Is38 whenever I get a chance or just wait and get it all done and try to make time later for the tune

Sent from my SM-N915T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
690 Posts
I have a 2016 GTI PP audobahn. Currently I'm running APR stage 1 with dsg tune. I just installed my cts turbo back exhaust about a month ish ago and haven't went to get my stage 2 tune as my APR dealer is 3 hours from me. Was wondering if I just say screw it and bought and installed an Is38 turbo how long could I drive it without tune before it has problems? I work almost everyday and it's hard to get time off especially being a single dad with my son, so I'm just wondering if it be a waste to go get stage 2 tune then go straight to Is38 whenever I get a chance or just wait and get it all done and try to make time later for the tune

Wait and get it all done at once.

·
Registered
11,357 Posts
Would there be any problem then if I installed the new turbo and waited a little while before getting it tuned?

Maybe or Maybe not.

The bigger question is why would you want to potentially run your $25k-$30k car in a lean or rich state?

Don't be a crackhead moder.

Save your money and do it right.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Maybe or Maybe not.

The bigger question is why would you want to potentially run your $25k-$30k car in a lean or rich state?

Don't be a crackhead moder.

Save your money and do it right.
I feel you! Lol but i have the money. It's just hard to make a trip to my nearest apr dealer (3 hours away) when I work all the time. So I wanted to do the install myself and then take it up there for the tune after. I'm asking if it would be OK if I ran it for let's say a week without the tune just in case the install takes up my days off and I can't go straight to tune shop.

·
Registered
429 Posts
RJRacing as well as several others have run theirs whilewaiting for a tune to come out. Do a search and read up on it or just PM him to see what he did.

·
Registered
11,357 Posts
I feel you! Lol but i have the money. It's just hard to make a trip to my nearest apr dealer (3 hours away) when I work all the time. So I wanted to do the install myself and then take it up there for the tune after. I'm asking if it would be OK if I ran it for let's say a week without the tune just in case the install takes up my days off and I can't go straight to tune shop.

Gotcha.

I hope APR gets a flash at home tool at some point like Unitronic and Eurodyne.

Or better yet a handheld.

I had a Cobb AP3 on my N54 335i and it was o easy to use. Plus when you were done you could get about 70% of your money back.

I actually bought mine used for $600 and sold it a year later for $550. :thumbup::beer:

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Gotcha.

I hope APR gets a flash at home tool at some point like Unitronic and Eurodyne.

Or better yet a handheld.

I had a Cobb AP3 on my N54 335i and it was o easy to use. Plus when you were done you could get about 70% of your money back.

I actually bought mine used for $600 and sold it a year later for $550.
I would be so damn happy if APR released that! Life would be so much easier. I love their tunes for this car but Im constantly questioning myself on if I made the right choice to go with them or any other at home solutions that are not as powerful.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts