VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I need to make a colour choice and order my CC, problem is I am stuck between Black (looks really nice but high maintenance), Island Grey and Reflex Silver. If anyone has any pictures of cars in these colours (ideally with interlagos but not essential) they could post or point me to I would be grateful. I have found quite a few black, some silver, but only one of the Island Grey.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Re: Island Grey (mark381)

I went to the dealer with the same plan, then saw the light brown color, which was more like a champaign and couldnt resist:

·
Registered
137 Posts
A few pics

These pics were taken at different times of the day, the color changes somewhat depending on the lighting. Black was my first choice, but I had a black Lexus GS400 and I spent half my free time trying to keep it clean. The dark gray doesn't show much, even after it has rained.

Modified by 56nomad56 at 5:50 PM 6-21-2009

·
Registered
5 Posts
Re: Island Grey (mark381)

I also thought I would go with Black or Island Grey until I saw the Light Brown............I just ordered this color for my 2010 CC VR6 4Motion with the two-tone interior.
This color combo gives the car a much more expesive look, and is not the same tan/beige color that many people think it is.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replys and pictures. The trouble is the CC seems to be beautiful in which ever colour I see it, I think I have ruled out black due to the higher maintenance required, the Island Grey looks really good, but I currently have a 3 series in Sparkling Graphite which is similar and then theres the Reflex Silver, the colour in which I first saw the car and thought WOW!!!. The light brown looks good too, thanks for showing it. Now to make the decision??

·
Registered
427 Posts
Re: (mark381)

I've had my CC for about a month now and due to the fact that I live in a small town full of old people I have the only one here. Mine is Reflex Silver. I like the silver and grey colours simply by virtue of the fact that their low maintenance and very forgiving. Previous to this car I had a Spice Red '05 Jetta 2.5. Again a very forgiving colour. Not as forgiving as Silver though. Prior to these two I had two black trucks and I'll never have another black vehicle (Or a Ford for that matter) I tend to be a little anal about dust and fingerprints on my car. Trust me, not a good combo having a black car and a mild touch of OCD.
The only other colors I've seen on the CC were White, Black and Island Grey in person. Of the four I would stick to the lighter colors and I would still take the Silver first. IMHO

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Re: (Jonmedic)

I love island gray...we have two in stock right now and they are absolutely gorgeous. I'm not a fan of silver tho on CC's for some reason. I love it on my jetta but not those cars. Light brown is really nice as well but the one that surprised me the most was Candy White. Looks amazing in person and the other day a customer of mine who bought our last white CC drove off at the end of the day...let me tell you that thing looked ill with the end of day light shining on it.

Chris

·
Registered
22 Posts
Re: Island Grey (FOXYINAPASSAT)

Here are a few pics of my Island Grey with 5% ceramic tint.
Personally I think this color changes quite a bit in different light conditions. Most people I know think its a blueish silver.
I park for work in an extremely dusty environment and drive about 60mi. a day so I need to wash it once a week.

Modified by Vierzwanzig at 6:23 PM 6-22-2009

Modified by Vierzwanzig at 6:24 PM 6-22-2009

·
Registered
6,779 Posts
FV-QR

i have a deep black CC. if i could go back i'd get island grey. its such a beautiful color. my .02

1 - 10 of 10 Posts