VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I believe AGU is European. I have a big port AGU intake manifold on my small port AWP head. I could only find them in Europe, the one I got came from Germany and was off of a Skoda Octavia.
Thanks. That's very helpful, I guessed it was a European motor just based on all the AGUs for sale on eBay are from the UK. What's the benefit of running an AGU intake manifold?

·
Registered
2003 20th AE GTI #2728
724 Posts
Bigger runners. I have a built motor with hybrid K04-023 (audi TT 225 fitment) and cams. I wanted to shift my power band to the right a bit. In theory it should help at higher rpm's. In reality I'm not sure if it did anything, but it is a nice OEM+ piece. I got this adapter plate to make the ports match. You can tell the size difference in the first two pics.
I also had it powder coated wrinkle black. The last pic shows it installed.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bigger runners. I have a built motor with hybrid K04-023 (audi TT 225 fitment) and cams. I wanted to shift my power band to the right a bit. In theory it should help at higher rpm's. In reality I'm not sure if it did anything, but it is a nice OEM+ piece. I got this adapter plate to make the ports match. You can tell the size difference in the first two pics.
I also had it powder coated wrinkle black. The last pic shows it installed.
View attachment 70626
View attachment 70627
View attachment 70628
Damn, that's very cool. It's always a treat to learn something new about these motors, especially OEM+ upgrades. My car is giving me plenty of headaches currently so whenever I am getting pumped up to get something new something breaks and I always end up fixing it instead... This time it's the MAF and a leaky ass charge pipe connection:rolleyes:. If you have any other random OEM+ upgrades definitely shoot them my way, I'm always eager to find out new things about these torquey little motors!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.