VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's goin on VWV.

I am new to the forum and new to the tuner world. I have owned several big HP V8's but I have always been intrigued and have always wanted a turbo'd toy....so after a lot of searching I purchased a 2011 GTI fro ma dealer. It's a good car, runs strong and has no issues......except I am trying to register the car and it won't pass the emissions test. The reason is that the two O2 sensors on the downpipe are reading "inconclusive"...... It has had some aftermarket modifications done. I am not sure to what extent, but I know it is an aftermarket downpipe, and it has an APR intake and aftermarket exhaust. It's got a good gargle to the sound and it moves (significantly faster than the 6 others I test drove.)....so I am wondering.....being that this is my first turbo'd vehicle so tuning differs from the Supercharged V8 world I am accustomed to......does anyone has any ideas? Do I need to reflash it back to a stock tune for it to pass emissions? The place I go to (and trust) lifted it up and the sensors are there and obviously on because they show up in the diagnostics, they just aren't clearing from the PDU. I only need one of them to fall off the PDU screen to pass the emissions......but the shop I go to is just a repair work shop...not a tuning shop. Being somewhat new to the area, I am not familiar with any reputable import tuning shops so I am turning to you guys for some advise. I have 3 weeks to register the car.

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
NGP in Lorton seems like it would be your best choice. If the car has an aftermarket downpipe, you may be able to use an O2 sensor spacer, and go back to a stage 1 tune. That way, your ECU will be able to run all of the emissions tests, and you will pass readiness.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.