VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I jus got the car two weeks ago, only has 700 miles on it. I thought the convenience feature where you can close the windows and sunroof from outside the car by turning the key in the door lock was pretty cool so i decided to try it out. Worked great the first couple of times. About the third of fourth time i had all four windows down and the sunroof completely open and when the sunroof got to the point where it makes contact with the plastic wind deflector it stopped and retracted again. I guess the force of the sunroof wasn't enough to overcome the deflector and the pinch protection kicked in.

This doesn't happen when the car is running, but i did notice that the sunroof still seems to struggle to close fully. And it seems like there's a whirring noise that's not natural.

I'm going to have the dealer look at it when i go back for the 2 month checkup but in the meantime, has anyone else noticed this issue? Thanks for your feedback.

· Registered
158 Posts
I jus got the car two weeks ago, only has 700 miles on it. I thought the convenience feature where you can close the windows and sunroof from outside the car by turning the key in the door lock was pretty cool so i decided to try it out. Worked great the first couple of times. About the third of fourth time i had all four windows down and the sunroof completely open and when the sunroof got to the point where it makes contact with the plastic wind deflector it stopped and retracted again. I guess the force of the sunroof wasn't enough to overcome the deflector and the pinch protection kicked in.

This doesn't happen when the car is running, but i did notice that the sunroof still seems to struggle to close fully. And it seems like there's a whirring noise that's not natural.

I'm going to have the dealer look at it when i go back for the 2 month checkup but in the meantime, has anyone else noticed this issue? Thanks for your feedback.
I don't think so, but I use the key fob through VCDS mod. I do have an issue with VW changing the switch on the sunroof, though. MKV's had a full-auto switch, now it's the stupid push/pull for the vent function. Ah well.

· Registered
470 Posts
Same thing happened to me. Just check for dirt/crud etc in the tracks. There's less power to the sunroof with ignition off, sometimes the pinch feature gets set off if the motor struggles to close it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.