VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Volkswagen Golf GTI
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey coming home from work the other day my 2008 gold GTI engine code BPY started shaking bad upon acceleration and idle I drive the remaining 2 miles home with a flashing check engine light so I parked it inside my garage and figured plugs or could were the problem as I had a coffee p0300 p0302 and p0304 after new plugs and a coil I still have the shaking and p0304 code so I decided to compression check and have no pressure in that cylinder at all so would it be a head gasket I haven't had low coolant but the oil cover does look frothy any ideas before I tear it apart for a head gasket and find out this isn't the issue?

·
Registered
10,459 Posts
Could be a head gasket or not, a block tester can test for exhaust gases in coolant. An other method would be to use a leak down tester to see if the leak is through coolant system or valves, rings etc.

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
Zero Compression!
Brings back fond memories. NOT.

Yes Alex, I will take Cracked or Broken Exhaust Valve for $250.

Pulled the head and was sad to see #4 exhaust valve had a piece missing.

Luck,
fat biker

·
Registered
2008 Volkswagen Golf GTI
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm about to pull the head tomorrow my god I think everything has to be taken off just to do this! I've even had to put my lock carrier in service position! I've also figured now would be best time to finally replace thermostat, and pcv valve, clean carbon, and install the cat delete down pipe! I guess I've come this far how hard could replacing a valve be in comparison?
Car Tire Vehicle Wheel Automotive tire

·
Registered
2008 Volkswagen Golf GTI
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Little update I had a broken valve spring causing my headache! Now I hope things are timed as I'll be finished in a few days (only have about an hour a day to work on it)

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
You got lucky if the btoken valve spring did not drop the valve into the piston and cylinder.
You have not lived until yoúe seen a a diesel motor with a valve imbeded in the piston crown. Not something you forget.

fat biker

·
Registered
2008 Volkswagen Golf GTI
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well funny part is I got it running and had a cracked oil filter housing I didn't catch and now engines knocking went to take oil pan off and the one damned bolt up in the dsg that's way off aligned was stripped so idk what I'll do now

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.