VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Woohoo!!

A new 2020 Tiguan SE R-line Black Edition just replaced my 2014 TDI Sportwagen nightmare!

Thanks to Justin at Colonial VW Medford MA for hooking it up and making another easy transaction. I feel I got a good deal, and the dealership took care of me with prior issues in a new-to-me 2014 TDI that I traded (after 4 months of painful ownership).

Looking forward there is very little I will do, but thinking tints on the front and rear window, paint protection film, a snow rim/tire combo and enjoyment!

Will keep this thread going as I do the subtleties. Cheers all, keep spinning!

·
Registered
2020 VW Tiguan SE R-Line-Unitronic Stage 1+, Neuspeed BBKs, 2 sets of custom forge wheels
151 Posts
I'm joining you. Got my 2020 SE R-Line 4Motion over the weekend, coming from a 2012 Tiguan SE 4Motion. No pics. Pyrite Silver with Titan Black interior.

So far for Mod or addition:
1. Aftermarket Splash guard from Amazon, install rear splash guards. Also order OEM front splash guard, will see what it looks like compare to the aftermarket one. while i was at it, remove the wheel and weight it. Wow, it's heavy, at 64.6 lbs per corner. Might go aftermarket with OZ 19x8.5 wheel/tire package next spring, should save 14 lbs per corner.
2. Trailer Hitch (for mountain bikes only), waiting for new bolts.
3.Neuspeed Rear Stablizer bar ordered.
4.Rear Hatch Top Spoiler ordered
5.Shifter Console with 4Motion Label ordered
6. Front Central Console Dashboard Storage box Holder ordered
7. Inner Rear Bumper Sill Cover Guard Protector ordered
8. Partial front bumper, fender, Top, and mirror film for paint protection. My car always get this area hit with rocks.

All for now.

Might do the OEM Remote Engine Start System
Definately going for the APR Plus ECU Tune when it's release.
to be ordered_Winter Tire/Wheel package in late October.

I'm from MASS also.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Awesome ckspeed68, enjoy the new ride and nice list, some good ideas there! I can't believe the WEIGHT of those rim/tires! Are you sure, no wonder this ride is considered sluggish. Cutting that down will be a significant improvement! Also, please let us know your experience for the splash guards, These seem critical to me... why don't all SUV's just come with them?

Personally: On Monday I'm headed to Q Car Care/ in Burlington, MA for serious job: PPF full front, skirts, & rear wheel impact area followed by a ceramic coat, and front window tint! Cost is legit but I really want this car to stay fresh and clean, and I plan to keep it for a significant time.

·
Registered
2020 VW Tiguan SE R-Line-Unitronic Stage 1+, Neuspeed BBKs, 2 sets of custom forge wheels
151 Posts
I am sure of the weight of the 20” VW Braselton wheel/tire.

Got the rear splash guard on and it fit perfect, but the front aftermarket need to drill 1 hole that’s why I’m waiting to get the OEM front before drilling. Should be here tomorrow.

·
Registered
151 Posts
That’s the exact one I have on my eBay watchlist already. Let me know how it fits and I’ll pull the trigger too. Thanks!
There’s a YouTube on this. I’ll let you know. It’s still on route to me, maybe 2 more weeks since it is from China.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I'm joining you. Got my 2020 SE R-Line 4Motion over the weekend, coming from a 2012 Tiguan SE 4Motion. No pics. Pyrite Silver with Titan Black interior.

So far for Mod or addition:
1. Aftermarket Splash guard from Amazon, install rear splash guards. Also order OEM front splash guard, will see what it looks like compare to the aftermarket one. while i was at it, remove the wheel and weight it. Wow, it's heavy, at 64.6 lbs per corner. Might go aftermarket with OZ 19x8.5 wheel/tire package next spring, should save 14 lbs per corner.
2. Trailer Hitch (for mountain bikes only), waiting for new bolts.
3.Neuspeed Rear Stablizer bar ordered.
4.Rear Hatch Top Spoiler ordered
5.Shifter Console with 4Motion Label ordered
6. Front Central Console Dashboard Storage box Holder ordered
7. Inner Rear Bumper Sill Cover Guard Protector ordered
8. Partial front bumper, fender, Top, and mirror film for paint protection. My car always get this area hit with rocks.

All for now.

Might do the OEM Remote Engine Start System
Definately going for the APR Plus ECU Tune when it's release.
to be ordered_Winter Tire/Wheel package in late October.

I'm from MASS also.
Update of my Tiguan SE R-Line:
Regarding the OEM Braselton Wheel/Tire Set, I got the HRE FF04 20x9 ET35 with Michelin Pilot Sports A/S 3+ and average weight per corner is 55.6lbs vs 64.6lbs. Reduce unsprung weight about 9lbs per corner and with the APR coil pack it makes the Tiguan feels much better than before, not sluggish. Got new winter tire/wheel package coming soon also. this will be much more lighter as the wheels are forged. If the winter set makes the Tiguan feels even better, I will get the forged wheel to replace the HRE FF04. I drive in sport mode. Just though I share why reducing the unsprung weight makes a big different.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.