VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
'70 Chevy C-10, '00 Cherokee Sport, '20 Miata RF Club
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've only had one Rabbit before, and it wasn't very nice:

(stands for Rascaly Rabbit, my user name)
In fact, it was a POS. It last 6 months, then died. I moved onto the MKII world, had some fun, but have been wanting to get back into to Rabbit scene. For a year and a half I have been searching high and low for a Rabbit. Atleast 10 have slipped right through my fingers, ranging from $500 to $5,000, the car never ended up being mine.

I love orange. My Chevy is orange, and orange is just awesome. I lust after Panama Brown Rabbits, and have looked at three different ones for sale locally. Today one followed me home!
Making friends with my orange truck at the gas station on the way home:

Better pictures once I got home:

Bent belly pan thingy:

Decent interior:

Cracked dash:

holes in door cards:

good headliner:

All-in-all its not too bad. it does have some bad rust in the floor pans. the body is a little beat, but a dentless paint removal guy said he can get the body really straight. build date was 12/76, so looks like i'll have to buy it a few x-mas presents. all the electrical stuff works great, and runs great as well. not bad for under $1k

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: (2mAn)

yes, it was on craigslist, someone bought it the day before i was going to look at it. then, the next weeks the guy who bought it decided to sell it because he found rust in the floors. so i got it for a lot cheaper than i would have if i got it the first time round

there were also 2 other panama brown rabbits for sale this month on seattle CL

·
Registered
6,873 Posts
Re: (rsclyrt)

yea ive seen a lot lately, there was an orignal owner 79 that was green for only $450!!! i was trying to pick it up, but they never called me back

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Re: (bagpipegoatee)

Quote, originally posted by bagpipegoatee »
I really like this car. The simplicity of the interior is amazing.

yeah, it really is. VW didn't seem to stray too far from the beetle when designing the rabbit interior, except they put in a real dash as opposed to a metal one. it even has a beetle horn.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts