VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 444 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I got the itch again, now I’m in a 3.2 Quattro! I was playing with a B5 S4, great car and we had a lot of fun. However It was sold when my daughter was born. I have been waiting for the right car ever since, and I have found it. I always missed my old A3 so I’m very exited about this car.

It’s a completely stock, quite neglected 06 with 124k. I have big plans for this car. This will be it’s story, let’s do a build thread!

Update, 5/23/18, modification list so far!

Engine...
Factory rotating assembly.
Fluidampr.
Arp head studs.
034 oil filter housing adapter.
034 head spacer.
Super tech valves, stainless intake, inconel exhaust.
Super tech dual spring, titanium retainers.

Turbo set up...
Precision 6262, ball bearing, t4 flange, 63ar.
Tial MVR 44 wastegate.
034 Intercooler pipping.
Garret fmic, high density 600hp core.
034 billet diverter valve.
034 billet slot maf housing.

Fuel system...
034 billet fuel rail.
Bosch 850 ev14’s.
Aeromotive adjustable regulator.
Detach DW65 In tank pump.
All 6an fittings and fuel line.

Exhaust...
CTS ceramic coated exhaust manifold.
CTS 3in down pipe.
CTS 3in mid pipe.

Mounts...
034 Billet engine and trans mounts.
034 Billet Spherical dog bone.
034 Torque mounts.

Suspension...
ST XTA coilovers.
ST Camber plates.
PowerFlex black front arm bushings.
034 Billet sway bar end links, front/rear.
034 rear sway bar.
034 Billet rear upper control arms.
034 Billet rear toe links.
034 Front subframe locking collars.
034 Billet rear subframe mount Inserts.

Brakes...
Front Brembo 17Z
Rear Brembo 4 Piston calipers, with CreationsMotorsports brackets and MK5 R32 310mm rotors.
42Draft Designs wheel studs.

Wheels...
BBS CH 028, 18-8 ET 43.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
It’s VR time!

My thoughts exactly, starting all the maintenance today! The plan is to get it caught up on everything, then start playing with stuff.

I always start out with mounts and suspension. Then engine stuff starts!

·
Registered
6,584 Posts
Congrats on the VR! Mine served me very well, just sold it to a friend with 145k miles on it.

·
Registered
6,584 Posts
Thanks man, I remember both your cars, Do you have plans for something new?

Yeah the fiancée went out and ordered a 2018 Q5. So I decided to take over her 2013 Q5. Summer wheels should be here tomorrow for it. Started a new thread over on Audizine. Apparently there is next to nothing on Fourtitude for Q's lol.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
524 Posts
Those initial pictures pain me. Glad that car has been rescued by someone who will appreciate it, and am excited to see what you will do with it! :thumbup:

+1

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah the fiancée went out and ordered a 2018 Q5. So I decided to take over her 2013 Q5. Summer wheels should be here tomorrow for it. Started a new thread over on Audizine. Apparently there is next to nothing on Fourtitude for Q's lol.

Good for you, those are awesome! I’ve been on Audizine for years with my old S4, Just nothing for the A3 over there.

·
Registered
6,584 Posts
Good for you, those are awesome! I’ve been on Audizine for years with my old S4, Just nothing for the A3 over there.

Yeah tried bringing life to that area along with bronco but it was an uphill battle for sure.

And like everyone else said, glad to see you saving this car!

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Those initial pictures pain me. Glad that car has been rescued by someone who will appreciate it, and am excited to see what you will do with it! :thumbup:
I felt the same way. It was just transportation to the last owner, talk about falling from grace. I can’t complain, I got a great deal!

I’ll make it great again!

·
Registered
164 Posts
always love to hear of another 3.2 going through upgrades. i love mine and though i’m less about going faster these days, i do like for it to look like it’s fast. just this past weekend, i had the resonator delete done. will probably get an intake, and in the very VERY near future, i’m buying an s3 bumper.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
328 Posts
Love A3 VR6 Threads!

We are watching!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It’s VR time!

always love to hear of another 3.2 going through upgrades. i love mine and though i’m less about going faster these days, i do like for it to look like it’s fast. just this past weekend, i had the resonator delete done. will probably get an intake, and in the very VERY near future, i’m buying an s3 bumper.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I bet it sounds much better without the resonator. I always go for a stock appearance, but everything else race car!

Love A3 VR6 Threads!

We are watching!
Voyeur! I’ll help you get your rocks off lol.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
It’s VR time!

Just a quick update, the oil separator diaphragm is faulty, so I haven’t even driven it yet. I’m going to repair it after work. Can’t wait to drive this thing.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Today after work I installed the oil separator diaphragm, valve cover gasket, intake gasket and spark plugs. It actually runs good now!

Reinstalling the junk front bumper literally pained me haha. I need to find a good used one.

The oil looked like ****, almost like the guy was doing 15k Intervals. So tomorrow I’m doing all the fluids and a belt. Then haldex and DSG services. The list goes on and on. I can’t start the fun part until it’s back in fighting shape. Lots of maintenance junk still to do.

·
Registered
6,584 Posts
Nice progress already!

·
Registered
328 Posts
I have this beautiful perfect condition 1 except it's red

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 444 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.