VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
421 - 440 of 444 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #421 · (Edited)
Sorry npace for the no response, I’ve been MIA. That complex was in Los Angeles. I’ve been in the middle of a move to Tulsa OK, so that’s my excuse.

Well anyway, I dragged the bit$& with me 1500 miles from Los Angeles to Tulsa. Still a work in progress, but hurting good old boy feelings none the less.
I’m motivated again so updates coming soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #423 ·
Yeah, the world is a mess man. I’m lucky to be a decent technician. Work is all around, the auto industry never shuts down. Tulsa is nothing like California, no stay at home orders here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #431 ·
I take it the gauge in question plugs into the OBD2 port? As npace said, "What gauge is that?" I've been searching...
The gauge is wired into the can line, directly into the standalone harness. It’s made by BTI, 12 configurable pages, all ECU data is available! The mount came from an eBay vender, fits in the factory vent after disassembly.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #432 ·
I’ve been getting the tune sorted out, doing everything myself. Sitting at 1bar boost, the DW65 fuel pump is now maxed out on e85. It’s actually been my daily driver for the last month. The car is a blast!
Next step now is upgrading the upgraded fuel system haha!

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #433 ·
Well, I think I owe everyone fallowing an update. I’ve reached out with some questions, and just ghosted some. Life has been full of life lately!

I overpowered my clutches on the stock DSG file after 500 miles of abuse, tuned on E85 and 20psi. I won’t get into it but all of the stateside DSG software guys really wanted no part of my car. I couldn’t say why, but I think it’s a combo of my old mech # and the standalone. I ended up with TVS DSG software, it was a pain going back and forth, but in the end I’m very happy with the outcome.
I pulled the engine and trans for some new clutches, but fell into the same old habits, not happy until all the little bugs are sorted. So I’m now going through everything with it out.

Fueling changes, intercooler hard pipes, and some still in the works awesome sauce coming soon!

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
When you remove the condenser / compressor, what are you doing to evac the system? I need to pull my engine and would rather just remove everything up front and roll it out, but I hesitate because of the R34.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #436 ·
I’m so bad with this thread, npace I use a legit machine in the shop, recover, vacuum, and charge.
When I replaced the clutches I reused the cover. The seal now leaks lol. I have a new cover but the car is put away in the garage. I’ll get to it eventually, but I’m not motivated.

I’m enjoying my new daily at the moment, 8V 2.0TQ.

421 - 440 of 444 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.