VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Rejoining the VWVortex Community - Please review the following thread: Here

1 - 20 of 347 Posts

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know what your thinking. Why in the world would you swap a 450HP VR6-T engine for an Audi TT 180HP. Well it was a almost very easy. I've had it for 8 years of countless hours...... 4 transmissions.....you know. The biggest thing was;which its crazy. It was also my daily driver. Being that I'm in the NAVY the luxury of having a third car when bouncing from here to there it becomes too much. I had to make a decision to get rid of the Corrado (Not an Option!!! I told the wife) or get a fun engine that can be reliable and I can have fun with. I looked at the the 1.8T and it became obvious the direction i was going. So I found a 1.8T from an Audi. I wanted to share my swap with you guys and hopefully it can help anyone.

just picked it up.

It will be missed!!.

It fits.

·
Registered
09 CC 3.6 4mo, 98 DE Leftover car, 90 Corrado, 78 Triumph Spitfire
13,019 Posts
FV-QR

I know someone else who just recently went VRT to 1.8T... But his build is a bit crazier.

Too bad the 1.8T motors are cluttered as hell.

·
Registered
861 Posts
I went 1.8T too :beer:
not from a 450hp VRT tho :thumbup:

more pictures of the car/wheels. Mine is black too and it appears as if we have the same wheels :laugh:

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
:thumbup: that's the same thing I told my wife:D

What are you doing with your old turbo set up?
I sold the old turbo set up but I still have a VR6 head with titanium valve springs that I wanna get rid off. I'm also going to see if I could use the wife's camara.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
What's the mounting situation converting to 1.8t?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

If you have a VR6 like myself all you need is the ABA rear mount bracket, TDI front bracket P/N: 1H0 199 273B,
and use your transmission bracket. The down pipe fits perfect depending what motor you get. I got an ATC from an Audi TT 180hp. I'll be posting some new pictures tonight.

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
If u have a VR6 like myself all u need is the ABA rear mount bracket, TDI front bracket,
ad use your transmission bracket. The down pipe fits perfect depending what motor you get. I got an ATC from an Audi TT 180hp. I'll be posting some new pictures tonight.
It's pretty cool to see that the swap works with parts that already exist. Who would have thought?

Sent while sitting on my ass VIA my iPad

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
It's pretty cool to see that the swap works with parts that already exist. Who would have thought?

Sent while sitting on my ass VIA my iPad
The corrado bay is close if not identical to a mk3 bay...

I used a mk3 aba rear mount, and the according 020 front mount that i re-drilled.

Works a treat!

Btw op, keep up the good work! I took alot of heat for pulling my VR and putting a 1.8t in... Things seemed to have calmed down about that. =]

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The corrado bay is close if not identical to a mk3 bay...

I used a mk3 aba rear mount, and the according 020 front mount that i re-drilled.

Works a treat!

Btw op, keep up the good work! I took alot of heat for pulling my VR and putting a 1.8t in... Things seemed to have calmed down about that. =]
Thanks
I love my VR6 but I love the car more. It can't be a garage queen. I have to drive it everyday. I just won't kill as much gas as before that's for sure. Man cause driving my wife's 2012 Dodge Durango RT is making a whole in my pocket on gas.

1 - 20 of 347 Posts