VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
831 Posts
I want to do the GT3071R because of the turbo lag. I am having a little bit of an issue. The oil pressure light keeps coming on when I floor the car or above 70mph. The buzzer is kind of annoying.I anyone has the cure for it let me know. I did replace it once already in case that was the next question.Thanks.
Have you check your oil pressure with mechanical gauge. You could have clogged pickup screen. If your oil pressure good.

Then wire issue. On b5 and mk4 use only oil pressure sensor, only reads above 2k or does not see rpm signal. On mk2-mk3 uses low and high oil pressure switches. What oil pressure system are you using, if it's the mk2-mk3 setup, you need low-high oil pressure switches.

One option is ground the oil pressure switch(es) and use VDO oil gauge, if already have 93 rado cubby gauge

·
Registered
831 Posts
Look at page 97-98 in wire diagram in bentley book for better clarification. G2/11 is low oil pressure signal(blue/black) and G2/10 is high pressure signal(yellow). G1/12 is the rpm(tach) signal from ECM. I hope this help if it's wire issue. ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts