VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
I went 1.8T too :beer:
not from a 450hp VRT tho :thumbup:

more pictures of the car/wheels. Mine is black too and it appears as if we have the same wheels :laugh:

·
Registered
861 Posts
check the bolt closet to the motor that holds the shift cable bracket
if you are missing the bushing the bolts threads in too far
do the early 02A's (g60 ones) have these bushings? I just noticed mine don't and the bolts are all the way in :screwy:

·
Registered
861 Posts
Oh I see. I'm going to bleed it again. I ask my 3 month pregnant wife if during the last bleeding if she let the pedal come all the way up? The answer was "ah was I supposed to"?lol poor thing. I will try again today.
:thumbup:

·
Registered
861 Posts
All that's left on the whole build is

1) The tachometer adapter
2) Get the oil temperature indicator on the MFA
3) Get the stupid shifter issue solve! I have a funny (is not) that the transmission might have to come out. :mad:

Having the VR6 radiator fans is awesome for the 20V. The temperature only goes up to 185F and with the A/C running 170f.
interesting to note. as I have a VR rad/fans in the garage and I was comparing the dual fan shroud of the VR to the Corrado, seems I can swap my dual fan onto my g60's single fan as the secondary fan for the VR is ran off a belt.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Interesting. I thought about doing a VR fan swap. I will toss in the G60 fan for my h2o attempt and later replace it with a slim fan. I am not too worried about doing a shroud with the slim fan. The temps should stay normal. I have a Shrick pan and it helped on my PG turbo set up. I do not think I ever saw temps get high enough to worry.
Pretty sure they would fit together. The g60 rad/VR dual fans and shroud. I looked at the anchoring points (if you will) for the shroud and they match up to the g60 one. I want to convert mine to dual fan, for the time being I will leave it single fan as it's only 4 bolts to pull the shroud out and now where that stinkin g-lader gone, there is tons of room up front :laugh:

·
Registered
861 Posts
cap on rad hose??? show me what you guys are talking about.

·
Registered
861 Posts
if this cap is, what i think it is...

go from this

to this?

·
Registered
861 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts