VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
401 - 416 of 416 Posts

·
Registered
1992 Corrado 1.8T ATC motor/AWP harness, F21 turbo and Motoza tuning.
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #402 ·
Ok so I began to do the tensioner swap and I keep having an issue with the timing. As you can see from below, the intake cam is either a tooth back or a tooth forward. I just stopped messing with it and hopefully I can figure it out.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #403 ·
Some goodies came in the mail today. The billet injector cups and an awesome pint glass that I had to test out for research purposes 😋. I’m ramping up for another deployment so I gave up on trying to do the chain tensioner 😔.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Oh ! Nice glass.
Always mucho importante to research when beer is the topic 🍻

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #405 ·
I received my K03 rebuild kit from Turbo Labs. It's going to be fun to do once I get back. FYI, that is not my hand. lol

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #406 ·
Well, I'm back from deployment and hit the new parts hards. I began to take the K03-053 apart and found that the turbine housing is cracked all over. I've been thinking about buying a housing but all I get in my searches is the Chineese ones from Ali or Adapttek. Anyone as any other better places? If not, I might do that. The Compressor housing looks good and so do the blades.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Crankset Bicycle part Gas

Automotive tire Tire Rim Automotive wheel system Font

Automotive tire Road surface Rim Plant Automotive wheel system

Vehicle brake Rim Gas Auto part Bicycle part

Automotive tire Grey Audio equipment Rim Motor vehicle
Watch Automotive tire Tire Scaled reptile Bicycle part

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #409 ·
That sucks on the cracked housing, personally I would stick to a factory borg unit if possible to chase down a couple to find a no-cracked one.
I will stick to the Borg unit. The compressor looked amazing and the CHRA after cleaning. I will be posting some pictures of the whole teardown. I will be searching for a turbine housing for sure.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #410 ·
I cleaned all parts and even polished the compressor inlet. This turbo only had a little shaft play so the compressor never hit the housing. After rebuilding this one, I would most definitely do this more often. I do love that this turbo compressor housing is not muffled like the "K03s". I have another turbo in storage back in the states that I replaced with the F21 turbo because it was leaking that I will rebuild as well with this compressor housing. I will find another while I'm here. I did installed it back onto the engine in order to keep all the parts together. I will replace the turbine housing before I use it that's for sure.
Fixture Audio equipment Wood Auto part Circle

Automotive tire Household hardware Bicycle part Rim Watch

Bottle Table Audio equipment Automotive tire Auto part

Fixture Rim Door Household hardware Gas

Sewing Yellow Grey Wool Bag

Wheel Automotive tire Alloy wheel Rim Bicycle part

Finger Motor vehicle Gas Machine Tableware

Snake Automotive tire Textile Reptile Scaled reptile

Wheel Automotive tire Tire Motor vehicle Locking hubs

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive fuel system Automotive exterior Automotive wheel system

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #412 ·
In another note, I found this Corrado near me. I'm digging the interior. I'm working on finding out who owns it. The language barrier is a challenge but hopefully I can work it.
Wheel Car Vehicle Tire Land vehicle

Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Grey Asphalt

Car Land vehicle Vehicle Tire Vehicle registration plate

·
Registered
528 Posts
What!? Same color/design as the partial-leather optional seats, but inn all fabric ? Never seen that before.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #415 ·
What!? Same color/design as the partial-leather optional seats, but inn all fabric ? Never seen that before.
I’ve never seen this color scheme but I’m trying to get my hands on it even if it’s a parts call. The head light is out and see the VR6 is missing the upper intake manifold but the stock air filter housing is still there.

Didnt the 16v's in Europe also get these seats?
hopefully we find out soon.

401 - 416 of 416 Posts