VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
41 - 60 of 416 Posts

·
Registered
831 Posts
I want to do the GT3071R because of the turbo lag. I am having a little bit of an issue. The oil pressure light keeps coming on when I floor the car or above 70mph. The buzzer is kind of annoying.I anyone has the cure for it let me know. I did replace it once already in case that was the next question.Thanks.
Have you check your oil pressure with mechanical gauge. You could have clogged pickup screen. If your oil pressure good.

Then wire issue. On b5 and mk4 use only oil pressure sensor, only reads above 2k or does not see rpm signal. On mk2-mk3 uses low and high oil pressure switches. What oil pressure system are you using, if it's the mk2-mk3 setup, you need low-high oil pressure switches.

One option is ground the oil pressure switch(es) and use VDO oil gauge, if already have 93 rado cubby gauge

·
Registered
831 Posts
Look at page 97-98 in wire diagram in bentley book for better clarification. G2/11 is low oil pressure signal(blue/black) and G2/10 is high pressure signal(yellow). G1/12 is the rpm(tach) signal from ECM. I hope this help if it's wire issue. ;)

·
Registered
1992 Corrado 1.8T ATC motor/AWP harness, F21 turbo and Motoza tuning.
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Have you check your oil pressure with mechanical gauge. You could have clogged pickup screen. If your oil pressure good.

Then wire issue. On b5 and mk4 use only oil pressure sensor, only reads above 2k or does not see rpm signal. On mk2-mk3 uses low and high oil pressure switches. What oil pressure system are you using, if it's the mk2-mk3 setup, you need low-high oil pressure switches.

One option is ground the oil pressure switch(es) and use VDO oil gauge, if already have 93 rado cubby gauge
I do have a VDO oil pressure gauge. You know what that makes sense. The oil pressure problem didn't start till I connected the RPM gauge. Since I don't have a tachometer adapter and having it be off my 1200 RPMs less then it might be sensing a high pressure compared to the low RPM. The RPM might be at 3000 and the cluster is shows 1800 RPM. Thanks so much for making sense of the situation.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 · (Edited)
Man this is frustrating. I never removed the transmission from the block because I just wanted to get it running and later on upgrade. Its my daily driver so being down was not a very easy thing. In the begining when I had installed the engine and tried to put it in gear it was very hard like the clutch was not going down so I ordered a new slave. Installed it but no joy. I replaced the master and no joy. I feel like the clutch is not down all the way or the travel is not enough. The reason I believe this is when I start the car in gear it and the E handle it tends to move forward slowly. This is litteraly the last thing left on the list. I know whats on your mind. I should of gone with the G60 flywheel and a VR6 clutch. If you have any better ideas outside of that let me know. thanks everyone for your help.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Take a picture of the bolt and bushings. I had to do homework right after a long day building Navy Turbo prop engines that I didn't even want to touch my car. Definitely tomorrow I will.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Afaik, 4cyls dont use em, vr6's do.

I'm using my vr6 mast/cables with a 4cyl o2a.
Thats good to know. Everything in my shifter from the transmission tower to the shifter is from my VR6.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Oh I see. I'm going to bleed it again. I ask my 3 month pregnant wife if during the last bleeding if she let the pedal come all the way up? The answer was "ah was I supposed to"?lol poor thing. I will try again today.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
is the G60 and the VR6 shift towers the same? The part that goes into the transmission that is?

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
All that's left on the whole build is

1) The tachometer adapter
2) Get the oil temperature indicator on the MFA
3) Get the stupid shifter issue solve! I have a funny (is not) that the transmission might have to come out. :mad:

Having the VR6 radiator fans is awesome for the 20V. The temperature only goes up to 185F and with the A/C running 170f.

·
Registered
861 Posts
All that's left on the whole build is

1) The tachometer adapter
2) Get the oil temperature indicator on the MFA
3) Get the stupid shifter issue solve! I have a funny (is not) that the transmission might have to come out. :mad:

Having the VR6 radiator fans is awesome for the 20V. The temperature only goes up to 185F and with the A/C running 170f.
interesting to note. as I have a VR rad/fans in the garage and I was comparing the dual fan shroud of the VR to the Corrado, seems I can swap my dual fan onto my g60's single fan as the secondary fan for the VR is ran off a belt.

41 - 60 of 416 Posts