VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
1,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I am wanting to put ITB's on my 2.0. I had them on my old car(toyota MR2 W/JDM 20V swap). I am just wondering what kind of ITB's people are running and also what did you guys do for fuel. I am thinking of running megasquirt as well. So if you could just help me out that would be great. The last question I have is what kind of #'s are you guys putting down on the dyno?
Thanks A lot
Louis

· Registered
2,375 Posts
Re: ITB ? (LOUMO)

MK2 or mk3? 8v, or 16v?
with a 2.0 16v on Jenvey DTH 45MM ITBs, I have seen numbers exceeding 200 whp, tho with a more mild street engine they typically see more like 175-190whp. This is with ported head, cams, exhaust, and ITBs.
Megasquirt is an excellent system, I would recommend at least V2.2 w/ spark control, if not V3 board...

· Registered
1,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: ITB ? (Agaeris)

Well its a 95 Jetta, 2.0 8V as of right now my mods are intake, exhaust, 276 cam, valves, spirngs, pistons, port n polished head, and chip. I know that the chip is useless with megasquirt. Do you also think that the megasquirt will be productive on my car? I am sure it is put how is the VW ECU with like fuel trims and stuff like that?

· Registered
2,375 Posts

If you ITB, you will need to take out the factory ecu. You could make it work, but not worth your time. Megasquirt would be perfect. With a counterflow ABA with said mods, I could see you hitting 150-160 crank hp, maybe 135-150 wheel depending on tuning, ITB setup, etc, etc, etc...

· Registered
1,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: ITB ? (Agaeris)

Yeah I am really wanting to get 150-160 to the wheels. I had a friend with a 20V toyota motor and he megasquirted it and on a stock motor got more to the wheels than the factory claim to the crank. So I am well aware of what megasquirt can do. What do people use for ITB's on the 2.0?
Also I plan on leaving the stock ECU in the car to run stuff like the lights and stuff unless on the MKIII you dont need the ECU for access. such as lights windows locks.

· Registered
2,375 Posts

Talk to wolfgti about x-flow on ITB, he daily drives his. I use Jenvey bodies, but on a 16v. Not sure if they make an x-flow kit. TWM might, or Hayward performance. Otherwise you will need to get a custom manifold and bike bodies.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.