VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like the topic, I have no clue where mine is and I need to get the tire off ASAP. If anyone has any suggestions or knows anyone please send them my way. car is a '02 MK4 with stock monte's
Thanks
Drew
Pic for views

Modified by BLK20vt at 5:36 PM 2-14-2004

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Re: Ithaca People I need a wheel key (BLK20vt)

in the trunk....under the carpet....in the little styro foam thingy...there is a round hole, where the key is SUPPOSED to be....other than that...maybe glove box?

·
Banned
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Ithaca People I need a wheel key (Dubbin_vr6)

OK the key is lost, gone, stolen. I know where its supposed to be and tore my car apart looking for it. Do you have one?
Quote, originally posted by Dubbin_vr6 »
in the trunk....under the carpet....in the little styro foam thingy...there is a round hole, where the key is SUPPOSED to be....other than that...maybe glove box?

·
Premium Member
11,710 Posts

I've heard there are a variety of different wheel keys available for the MKIV (as many as 20
) You might be better off going to the dealer and see if they have one in stock.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts

I know at this hour it won't be much help, but VW service departments have a set of masters. They let me use theirs to remove my locks so I could use the regular bolts until the one I ordered came in.

·
Registered
23,277 Posts
Re: Ithaca People I need a wheel key (Slipstream)

Quote, originally posted by Slipstream »
I've heard there are a variety of different wheel keys available for the MKIV (as many as 20
) You might be better off going to the dealer and see if they have one in stock.

there 10 different ones, so you cant just use anyone (makes sense right?) there $15 dollars at the dealer, or they will loan you one.

·
Registered
4,552 Posts
If you must and it's an emergency, hammer a slightly smaller socket onto the lock and take it off. Works like a charm. You'll probably have to buy a new lug bolt though.
PS- For those that are scared that people will know how to remove locks now because I said something, give it a rest. This is old news. If they want your wheel, they WILL get your wheel.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Re: (hungalicious)

Quote, originally posted by hungalicious »
If you must and it's an emergency, hammer a slightly smaller socket onto the lock and take it off. Works like a charm. You'll probably have to buy a new lug bolt though.
PS- For those that are scared that people will know how to remove locks now because I said something, give it a rest. This is old news. If they want your wheel, they WILL get your wheel.

Besides, if they're gonna go thru that much trouble for a wheel, they're probably going to take the whole freakin car!

·
Registered
901 Posts

If you got a plastic sheath for the flimsy tire iron, see if there's a small pocket with the wheel lock key in it.
Matt

·
Registered
2005 S2000, 2019 G70 6MT, 2019 i3 REX, 2003 XC70
16,728 Posts
The dealer has a set of all of them (they showed me the kit and there were 20). Go to a dealer and have them take it off for you.
-Nick

·
Registered
725 Posts
Re: (hungalicious)

Quote, originally posted by hungalicious »

OMG MY WHEELS ARE NO LONGER SAFE AHHHHHHHHH!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts