VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well... It wasn't at first.
Some of you know the story of me popping my motor.

Got it built...

Tigh with the turbo

So here's a bit of an update...
Shockingly, the 3071r I was running took a doo doo. I replaced it with a larger turbo, but forgot about retuning. S300 on 630cc file doesn't last very long just letting you know. Ran lean and dropped a valve.
I've been sitting here with my car in the garage for about 2 months now, finally having the nerve to start on it again.
Thanks to a couple of friends (XTageX and 01) and I, we got the motor out 2 weeks ago and dropped off at the machine shop. Thanks to Pete and Dave at IE, (thank God they are friends, and LOCAL) for helping the parts all over again.
Finally doing a 2.0 AWP setup, smaller turbo. The secret that's not a secret anymore is that Jason (01) is supplying the bags. ****ING finally.
I know you guys have missed me,
I'll be at Wuste, so come talk **** to me there.

Modified by EvolSonica at 2:00 PM 4-29-2010

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: It's a beautiful day in my neighborhood... (Hawaii5-0)

Quote, originally posted by Hawaii5-0 »
oh man, just starting on it now, good luck. make sure you install an A/F gauge this time.

I know right? We're installing the bags with no motor in the car. Hoping to literally throw the motor back in, in a day or two.

·
Registered
12,384 Posts
FV-QR

Quote, originally posted by EvolSonica »

I know right? We're installing the bags with no motor in the car. Hoping to literally throw the motor back in, in a day or two.

hell yes we will.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.