VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
10,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright guys,
Waterfest 12 is coming up sooner than you think (July 15 & 16). I guess Eurotuner's Kreuzerfest is going on again this year. I figured I'd start up a thread and get people in the Waterfest mood. I'm suprised I haven't already seen a thread about it, is anybody even going from the Capital Area forum??

So... feel free to use this thread for posting pics of what your bringing, hotel talk, cruise discussion, etc.
-Post a pic of what car your bringing.
-How are you getting to Englishtown? Kreuzerfest, Saturday cruise, etc.
-What hotel are you planning on staying at?
-Etc. etc.

·
Registered
10,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: It's about that time again: Waterfest 12 -- Cruise, Cars, Etc. (dox)

I'm planning on going on a Friday cruise (Kreuzerfest most likely). I'll be rolling up there in this with my girl and I know at least one or two other dubs rolling along.

http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
I'm not sure about hotels yet, trying to see what everybody else is doing first and where the party will be.

Modified by dox at 3:07 PM 6-16-2006

·
Registered
4,691 Posts

I will be down for a Saturday cruise, I dont think I am going to stay this year, so if anyone knows of a good place to meet up on Sat morning, throw it out.

·
Registered
5,358 Posts
Re: It's about that time again: Waterfest 12 -- Cruise, Cars, Etc. (VOLKSATAN)

If I am down in MD I would definatly be down for Friday cruise. If not then I will see all you guys there reppin MD at Waterfest.

Cheers

·
Registered
830 Posts
Re: It's about that time again: Waterfest 12 -- Cruise, Cars, Etc. (UBER1.8t)

Ive registered to show my car, but I havent found a group to cruise up with. I dont know what hotel stay in yet. Wheres the party going to be!

·
Registered
10,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: It's about that time again: Waterfest 12 -- Cruise, Cars, Etc. (MrAgent)

Quote, originally posted by MrAgent »
Ive registered to show my car, but I havent found a group to cruise up with. I dont know what hotel stay in yet. Wheres the party going to be!

This is the only information I have foudn on Eurotuner's website about this year's Kreuzerfest.

http://eurotuner.com/eventcove...fest/
There is only one "official" hotel apparently, the Marriot Somerset but I think it is just about full for the group rate. Normal rate is $130 a night.
I am trying to stay in a fairly inexpensive hotel (not much more than $100/night). I want to be at a hotel with a lot of other dubbers so I can see cars. I also want to make sure I am at a partying hotel, but not one that is so crazy the cops will break it up within an hour.

edit - Aren't there more people from the NOVA/MD area going to Waterfest this year???! Last year we had a HUGE cruise.

·
Registered
12,168 Posts

Im down for a Saturday morning cruise, I am not going to spend the night. I think one day of enjoying the cars will be enough for me as well. We need to come up with a starting/meeting point.

·
Registered
4,691 Posts
Re: It's about that time again: Waterfest 12 -- Cruise, Cars, Etc. (Wilbur the pig)

Finally, someone else that wants to have a Sat cruise. I think meeting up some place for breakfast and then cruise up from there. Say the dennys off of 295 in Greenbelt? Im just throwing out ideas, Im open for anything.

·
Registered
12,168 Posts
Re: It's about that time again: Waterfest 12 -- Cruise, Cars, Etc. (zaxonortesus)

I dont mind meeting up and brekfast is alwasy a good thing. Maybe we could meet closer to 95, or 495? I am going to talk to a few local guys near me and see if they want to go up on Saturday.
Last local run if I remmeber correctly a bunch of guys meet up at the Maryland house on 95 since people were coming from all different locations.

·
Registered
4,691 Posts
Re: It's about that time again: Waterfest 12 -- Cruise, Cars, Etc. (Wilbur the pig)

Quote, originally posted by Wilbur the pig »
Last local run if I remmeber correctly a bunch of guys meet up at the Maryland house on 95 since people were coming from all different locations.

That would work too, I am down to meet up pretty much anywhere. Just keep it posted.

·
Registered
10,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Quote, originally posted by MrAgent »
Where do you pre-register for the Kreuzerfest... Anyone know?

I emailed Eurotuner about that last night and hope to hear back from them soon. I'll post up the resopnse (if I get one) on here.

Every year I have gone (this will be my 5th), we have stopped at the Maryland house and there have been quite a bit of cars up there. Last year was absolutely crazy. I am trying to do that again. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
12,168 Posts

Im down for meeting at the Ikea @ the University of Maryland... is that the one in White Marsh? I dont get out that way much.
If its no where near UofM then its gonna be the Maryland House for me- I hate having to drive past where I need to go to meet up, and then drive back to the main route. It seems every meet is like that.

·
Registered
4,691 Posts
Re: It's about that time again: Waterfest 12 -- Cruise, Cars, Etc. (A2orange8V)

Quote, originally posted by A2orange8V »
Take your cold air intakes off this year before you go up there
Lets just say that they dont call it Waterfest for the VWs

And here is the Addy for Ikea and a nice little map:
IKEA Baltimore 8352 Honeygo Blvd.
Baltimore, MD 21236

1 - 20 of 86 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.