VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

All paid for, havent taken delivery yet though... Can ya guess what it is??!?!?!?

A brand new Jetta

Yeah, im still 4x4'ing and its gonna be like that for a little...Cant wait till summer is here and school is out
Can anyone tell me what this color is? I asked about it a few nights ago and i didnt have any pictures so no one could help me... So here it is, a close up of the paint...

Im so excited...I love mk2s but all i had at first was a rabbit...Finally got my hands on one and ive never been so happy

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
nice GLi man, im not sure of the color, but the trim is a nice shade of gray. here is the first thing you NEED to do, run to the CVS or Eckered of whatever and buy KIWI SHOE DYE, redye tose trim pieces and it will look hot. congrats on the new ride

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
Re: Its ALL mine :) (RabidRabbit84)

Congrats on the GLI. The color is Dark Teal Clearcoat Metallic (LA6U).
Wow, those are some meaty tires

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: (vdubmatt)

Haha yeah i know...Is there any directions on how to go through with this or do i jsut slap some on and rub it in? also, how often do i have to keep doing this or will it stay black for a good amount of time?
thanks

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re:

As soon as i have access to more pictures, i will show you what has happened to the fenders due to the tires being of wrong size...They are 60-series right now. I plan on getting tires first.
But anyways, like i said, when i have some access to more pics, ill show you what happened...I dont know if i can fix this or if ill need a new fender...

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
it has a sponge applicactor tip, make sure you get the dye, not the polish or wax. you just rub it on, it last quite a few months

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: Its ALL mine :) (ValveCoverGasket)

The previous owner had that done already...only thing is, when the wipers are actually in use, the wiper goes ALL they way down and hits the spot where the other wiper once was and starts bending...Anyway i can fix it? Am i gonna have to lean it more over to right? but then would it start hitting the passenger side??
Please Help! Ill try and get some pics of it bending. Its hitting the little piece that the wiper rotates on...hope that makes thing clear

·
Registered
7,199 Posts

Is it just me or do you have some negative camber up front?
I'm assuming it's like that so the tires don't get torn up on the edge of the fender.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: Its ALL mine :) (BradAtWork)

Rabbit is still under my ownership. Like i said, i havent actually picked the car up yet, so i still need somethin to get me around. Ill probably keep the rabbit just to have when the jetta takes a dump or im doin some work on it. But bro, you live like right near me...I go to lake mary high school http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif im a junior there...

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Re: (vdubmatt)

vdubmatt said:
here is the first thing you NEED to do, run to the CVS or Eckered of whatever and buy KIWI SHOE DYE, redye tose trim pieces and it will look hot. QUOTE]
Can this shoe dye be used on dashboards to change the color? I want a black dash, but mine is a dumb brownish color. Thanks!

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: (mattemerson)

id like to know that as well..the dash in the jetta is black already but, ive seen some guys dash on the 'tex that was BLINGIN! black! Would any old leather cleaner do that or should i use the shoe dye?

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Re: Its ALL mine :) (GLIguy)

Heres that pic of the damage from the tires being too meaty

Can that be banged back into place or what?

·
Registered
289 Posts

I bang that **** in every day. Just becareful you dont want the paint to crack so you might want to heat it up.

·
Registered
20,821 Posts

other than that, nice gli
-j

·
Registered
7,199 Posts
Re: (RabidRabbit84)

It's a Kiwi

1 - 20 of 23 Posts