VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Was going to watch the video until I heard the first second of that music.
Glad you can let a song choice ruin something for you:thumbup:

If you actually watch the video and listen to the lyrics and how they contribute to the emotion of it you may enjoy it. :beer:

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Touching video :(
I was/am feeling this from having to let my jetta go.
Make sure it goes to a good home. :thumbup:
Its tough man, its like losing a best friend. Brett and I were excited about him selling his car and getting something new, but after making this video it really sank in.

:thumbup:
thanks

what did you use for a dolly?
my home made glide track

The wood block on it is temporary until I find my actual fluid head tripod mount

·
Registered
5,751 Posts
FV-QR

Nice..

Im not trying to be a dick here... This is a serious question..

How come....... when people make videos its always the same scene I guess I could call it..

Somebody posted a video a while back where the camera was out of focus and then went into focus. Cool.. I liked the video... but it was every scene... same thing here... every seen was the siwpe left to right or right to left.

Is that just normal video etiquette? Thats what always ruins videos for me. Or show coverage when EVERY shot is the fish eye lens....

Sorry to go off topic. But who better to ask than the person who made the video.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
I bought my 95 Jetta VR6 off my brother when I was 16 for my first car. I've everyday driven it since the day I got it, and still do now at 26. I can't fathom ever letting it go.

Your Jetta is super clean. You should probably keep it.:thumbup:

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nice..

Im not trying to be a dick here... This is a serious question..

How come....... when people make videos its always the same scene I guess I could call it..

Somebody posted a video a while back where the camera was out of focus and then went into focus. Cool.. I liked the video... but it was every scene... same thing here... every seen was the siwpe left to right or right to left.

Is that just normal video etiquette? Thats what always ruins videos for me. Or show coverage when EVERY shot is the fish eye lens....

Sorry to go off topic. But who better to ask than the person who made the video.
I'll try to answer the question as best as I can. A lot of times when film makers make videos they are trying to work on certain techniques each time, on this video for instance I had just built my glidetrack a couple weeks back and this was my second time using it, so I was excited to get more shots in with it. And since it was such a short edit I didn't really want to bust out too many pieces of equipment for a minute long video. Its also a bit of personal preference. I agree when all of the elements are mixed its much better. Also I was only doing some of the filming on this one my cousin (the owner of the car) wanted to use his camera and do a lot of the filming then have me do the rest haha.

I bought my 95 Jetta VR6 off my brother when I was 16 for my first car. I've everyday driven it since the day I got it, and still do now at 26. I can't fathom ever letting it go.

Your Jetta is super clean. You should probably keep it.:thumbup:
Its my cousins talk to him haha

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.