VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Rejoining the VWVortex Community - Please review the following thread: Here

21 - 40 of 940 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,761 Posts
PO was an older woman, she bought an A3.
She was a stubborn one. She wanted what she wanted. I offered her a 6k swing to take an identically colored A3 to her BMW and she said no. So she paid for what she wanted.
And.....this is, sorry Brandon, why I couldn't do an A3/S3 when I got the R.

Even in S3 I couldn't see pulling up in the same basic car a woman in my running group drives.

·
Turtles walk slowly, but get angry fast!
2021 RS6 Avant, 2019 Audi eTron, 2010 A6 Avant, 2002 Chevy 2500, 1988 16v Scircco
9,772 Posts

Even in S3 I couldn't see pulling up in the same basic car a woman in my running group drives.
No offece taken from me.

I dont know ANYONE who would buy an A3

Oh wait.

·
How do I resize a picture?
17,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #23

Would you do the RS3 if if it cost the same as your R?

·
17,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Oh, how exciting!

There's a small chance of snow Friday night/Saturday in Chicago.

Color me excited!

·
Banned
13,776 Posts

·
Registered
12,265 Posts
I didn't even realize that Bluetooth was a thing in 2004. What all can you do with it on this car? Phone calls only, or music?

·
17,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I didn't even realize that Bluetooth was a thing in 2004. What all can you do with it on this car? Phone calls only, or music?
You use it to call for help when you break down from a total cooling system failure.

·
Banned
13,776 Posts
It started becoming a thing on phones back in the late 90s/early 2000s.

·
Registered
920 Posts
That's a great buy and the pics make it even better. Solid 10/10.
I'm day drunk in new England, so this seems like a great buy. I'm currently trying to say no to a Lincoln continental with 75k miles and its going poorly.

Andy help me. Please, help me. I can't out-drink these people. We've been drinking since 10 am.

·
Registered
14,422 Posts
I'm seeing posts in this thread from people I've never seen post before but they have avatars. They must be drawn to the thread title.

Congrats on the E46 score. Looks clean, and the low mileage is nice. Should be a wonderful commuter, and the cooling system issues are easily solved with a medium sized chunk of money. Just do it all at once.

Chris

·
17,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Besides freshening up the cooling system, is there anything else I need to watch out for with this thing?

If the cooling system fails as long as I catch it in time I should be alright, correct?

Does the motor eat itself if the water pump fails or does it just overheat?

·
Premium Member
5,761 Posts
I'm seeing posts in this thread from people I've never seen post before but they have avatars. They must be drawn to the thread title.

Congrats on the E46 score. Looks clean, and the low mileage is nice. Should be a wonderful commuter, and the cooling system issues are easily solved with a medium sized chunk of money. Just do it all at once.

Chris
We come out of our holes for the really good stuff.

·
Registered
14,422 Posts
Besides freshening up the cooling system, is there anything else I need to watch out for with this thing?

If the cooling system fails as long as I catch it in time I should be alright, correct?

Does the motor eat itself if the water pump fails or does it just overheat?
Just overheats.

If you start smelling coolant, pull over immediately.

Chris

·
17,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Just overheats.

If you start smelling coolant, pull over immediately.

Chris
I haven't ordered it yet, but I've got a cart together on Amazon for radiator, expansion tank, new caps, new upper and lower hoses, water pump, and thermostat.

$258 after shipping and tax.

Not bad.

·
Turtles walk slowly, but get angry fast!
2021 RS6 Avant, 2019 Audi eTron, 2010 A6 Avant, 2002 Chevy 2500, 1988 16v Scircco
9,772 Posts
I haven't ordered it yet, but I've got a cart together on Amazon for radiator, expansion tank, new caps, new upper and lower hoses, water pump, and thermostat.

$258 after shipping and tax.

Not bad.
Thanks Obama

21 - 40 of 940 Posts