VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Its official, my 337 is totaled :(

2K views 39 replies 31 participants last post by  hooch0083 
#1 ·

My car was declared totaled

Luckily I have gap insurance, uninsured motorist coverage and completely not at fault. My record is clean but my rate is jacked. Oh well. I'm still here. I'm waiting for the insurance company to give me a quote on the buy-back of the vehicle...
Anyone with experience totaling a leased vehicle from VW? Also has anyone ever bought back the vehicle from insurance company to part out the engine, tranny, or other parts? What can I expect next and how many months am I looking at before this whole thing is done and over with?
BTW I was at the LA Autoshow and honestly, I had a hard time finding something as well-crafted, fun, strong, quick/handles and german-feel as a 337, even up to the high $20K/low $30K range... Just to make the list even shorter, I now need a 4-door (baby is coming)... TSX, G35 AWD, WRX wagon, Mazda 6(maybe not), 337 Jetta(when?), Saab 9-3, EVO (Sh*t feels so damn cheap and probably high ins.) and thats about it and I don't even really like any of them (ok except G35). Too bad A4 avant is so overpriced, but yet so sweet looking... damn! What else?

Modified by 008 at 12:11 AM 1-10-2004

See less See more
#15 ·
Re: Its official, my 337 is totaled :( (keifa9)

sorry to hear about the car...better the car then you though.
The TSX is a really nice car but it's on the slow side. It really needs about another 30hp, but the interior and everything else is top notch. If you have the money a used S4 would be a fitting replacement for the 337
Mike

#22 ·
Re: (Dark Cipher)

hey guys I just T-BONED an old lady that decided to turn in front of me at the last possible moment at 40 mph. I'll post pics later. Needless to say this sucks
. I cannot think anymore. I hope the frame is fine or should I? I don't know. I'll know something sometime next week. I feel ya. If all fails maybe a TT will do or I might source another 337 or maybe a 20th????

#23 ·
Re: (shaman427)

So I went to test drive a few cars today trying to replace my 337.
TSX - Very nice all the way around, more comfy than 337 w/ more technology. My 337 was chipped so the TSX did not feel nearly as quick, and having no turbo is not as fun also. The styling of the TSX, to me is simply not as eye-catching as any GTI, 20th or 337. Overall, its a nice car. With a few mods, it could be super fun, I think.
TL - Very very nice car. Great power and interior was upscale. Didn't feel very sporty but drove very quiet, and smooth. Perhaps a bit too 'mature' for me.
Mazda 6 - Felt really cheap and the 220hp felt slow. For around $26K, TSX felt more refined and solid. The dumb bastards at Culver City wouldn't let me test drive a RX8 w/out filling out a credit app., so I walked immediately. What morons.
Cadillac CTS - Great power, decent styling, interior felt too plastic, also if you want sunroof and fold-down back seats, it will cost an xtra $5K!
G35 (AWD!), IS300 (rear wheel!), WRX wagon tomorrow...
I can't believe a $23K 337/20th AE feels sooooooo much sportier and classier than so many pricier cars out there

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.