VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its official,
I bought my first bunny and its a cabby.
84 Cabby with 175KM.
Not a touch of rust... Brand new top and it runs great.
Good thing i got it too, or I would still be lurking these forums without a VW.
Just to let everybody know. I was the proud owner of a Corrado until 2 weeks ago today.
I sold my baby(corrado) cuz It was just too damn expensive to fix. Picked up the bunny for $2500 CND... so plan to see me around here for a while.
If you guys could give me the breakdown of all the typical quick mods, preferably the cheaper ones, it would be greatly appreciated.. I'll post some pictures soon. If you want to see some pics of my raddo before I sold it.. check out http://www.medialunchbox.com/corrado/corrado.html
She was a beauty...
Anyways.. thats my intro... as you can see from my posts I'm a seasoned vortexer so you can expect to see me around quite a bit.
Thanks
Ryan

·
Registered
6,745 Posts
Re: Its Official (Corradoholic)

Welcome to the darksid that IS mk1 ownership!
Welcome to the board and good luck.
Mods: Tune up/ oil change/ switch to early dual downpipe and throw on a TT exhaust. K & N air filter, G grind cam, lower stress bars. The list goes on and on but that will get you started.

·
Registered
4,703 Posts
Re: Its Official (Corradoholic)

Hey Ryan, welcome to the ranks of soon to be antique VW club

This is by far the coolest bunch of cats on Vortex, it takes a special bread to own an A1 VW. Stock up on band-aids and gojo to clean the grease off your hands.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Its Official (SpdRAYcr)

Crappy thing about the car i bought was that its auto... It was just in too good of shape to pass up.
How much extra power would getting a 2.5" cat back exhaust make? I had a custom one built for my raddo, and was considering getting one for this car... My uncle own a exhaust shop and the one he built for my raddo not only sounded UNREAL it gave a noticeable difference in throttle response.
Anyways,
Thanks for the welcoming to the a1 section (even tho i've been on this board for over a year
)
And see you guys here!
Ryan

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.