VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
7,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've decided to keep my Mercedes instead of the TDI

Well, I was shopping for a TDI for about a month now. Everybody wanted more for the TDI than the blue book value due to the gas price hike. Then I thought to myself; since I just sold my 2000 VR6 I have plenty of money sitting in the bank. I've never actually saved anything so I am deciding to keep it. I also have a 1983 Mercedes 240D which never had a problem and is in immaculate condition. It gets over 30mpg so it is economical. The best part about it is that I have no car payments and insurance is 500 bucks a year for full coverage.
I've been doing plenty of research and I don't really want to own a VW anymore. (maybe I'll change my mind in a few months)....
I've had my VR6 for almost two years and it has been towed to the dealership twice
I've had my Mercedes 240D for about a year and not a single problem and the thing has 177k miles.
Thank You to all the people that have tried to help me find a TDI but I don't think that it would have been that reliable.
PS. Look into the 240Ds' ----Very very durable and dependable

Modified by kamil at 10:41 PM 5-19-2004

Modified by kamil at 10:41 PM 5-19-2004

·
Registered
100 Posts
yeah, the 240d's are really sweet and can last for several hundred thousand miles....It is possible to find a TDI for right around blue book value if you are fast and willing to travel....it took me a month of searching on autotrader.com and cars.com to finnaly find my tdi and i got it around bluebook value....most places wanted several thousand more than bluebook and wouldnt negotiate very much at all. The cars are just so dang hot right now. .....but enjoy your benz and perhaps in the future you will be able to get a good deal on a TDI

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Re: I've decided to keep my Mercedes instead of the TDI (kamil)

Good luck! You must have a lot more patience than I do. I liked the 240D till I rode in one. I think an electric scooter is more fun to drive.
But as long as you like it and it save you money

1 - 3 of 3 Posts