VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Tiguan, 2012 X5 35d, 2012 Golf 2.5
3,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seriously, is anyone buying these? They seem to be getting pretty steep incentives as well. Bonus points if you've seen the poverty spec.

·
Banned
13,776 Posts
I have seen a few around town.
Most of them seem like top end versions.

·
Registered
902 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Nissan could have had a winner if they had built the most stylish pickup truck in the business.

That's the #1 reason why RAM has taken so much market share.

Instead, Nissan built the ugliest one, and I'm sure the sales # will reflect that.

·
Registered
4,468 Posts
I have seen one, but then again how often do you notice a full size pickup isn't a Raptor or doesn't have massive chrom R A M letters on the back? The first generation stood out because it had a lot of unique styling and it was ugly.

This new one blends in by taking the ugliest elements of the F150 and Tundra and winds up as a resounding meh.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I have seen 0

Nada. Zip. None.

All Fords and Dodges around here. Crew cab short bed family trucks. There are literally 20 in my parking lot.

·
Planters (fasciitis) peanuts. Dang dogg
19,847 Posts
Inventory has been harder to get since the launch. Nissan earned a reputation of the Titan not being tough and reliable enough, so with the new truck they wanted to make sure the launch went smoothly, and that no issues were found. Full ramp up is happening now.

·
Premium Member
6,380 Posts
You probably have but mistook it for an F150.

There is nothing redeeming about this as a truck. If I were in the market I'd be in a Tundra or American.

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
I've seen 2 around town. That's really it they are pushing some crazy 5yr/100k bumper to bumper warranty on recent commercials. Seems like a panic move after dropping a ton of cash to be able to use Cummings motors which should sell themselves and steal some Dodge buyers.

·
Registered
2020 Civic Type R, 2014.5 Mazda CX-5 GT, 2018 Chevrolet Silverado 5.3 (work)
2,189 Posts
I see a lot of them when I go to Nashville, but I suspect every single one is a Nissan employee lease.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
I've seen one. Just one.

I thought it was ugly. The girlfriend liked it, but I figured it was because she likes Nissan. :laugh:

·
Registered
13,601 Posts
i live in NYC where we see anything and everything, from exotics, to the run of the mill SUV, to the pick ups, to typical daily drivers.

i have not seen a single one of these.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts