VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Ja or NEIN? BMW announces all-electric M car is coming this year

• NEIN. Real M needs to be an ICE!

Votes: 0 0.0%
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

Registered
All they need to do to get me on board is lose the grille. Downsize it back to the way it was about 15 years ago and I'm in for whatever they want to produce. Until then, I will laugh in the face of anyone who spends their money on something so ghastly, dreadfully, horrendously, stupendously repulsive.

Registered
BMW M3, Mazda CX-5, Ford E350, motorcycles
This is hilarious to me. Not that we needed another reminder of it, but it just goes to show NOTHING is sacred at BMW anymore.

I worked directly on the BMW brand for a year here in Canada and we had a few big meetings where guys from Germany would come over and explain why different line-ups were branded the way they were.

The M-Division guys swore up and down on the mother's graves that they would NEVER, EVER, EVER produce an electric M-Car. They said it went against all that M stood for. That that's what the I division was for. This was straight from Germany. They said, they don't care what Porsche or Mercedes or Audi does with their performance divisions, M WILL NEVER BE ELECTRIC.

Oh well. BMW stands for not much these days.

Registered
This is hilarious to me. Not that we needed another reminder of it, but it just goes to show NOTHING is sacred at BMW anymore.

I worked directly on the BMW brand for a year here in Canada and we had a few big meetings where guys from Germany would come over and explain why different line-ups were branded the way they were.

The M-Division guys swore up and down on the mother's graves that they would NEVER, EVER, EVER produce an electric M-Car. They said it went against all that M stood for. That that's what the I division was for. This was straight from Germany. They said, they don't care what Porsche or Mercedes or Audi does with their performance divisions, M WILL NEVER BE ELECTRIC.

Oh well. BMW stands for not much these days.
Salespeople gonna sell.

This is the only real lesson in this thread.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts