VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
How's that for a click bait title? I'm totally trying to get this down so any pointers are great. He did write about what I felt was TCL. Also if he's reads criticism he'll probably read this because he'll search his name. So Jack, I have something to tell you you, something you can learn as you like to say... The proper term for what you are talking about is called "confirmation bias". Just so you know for some of your scathing upcoming articles that keep us on the edge of our seats or beds or toilets, depending on where you read this site at. BTW the new Mustang is ugly as hell.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/a27338/inside-the-mind-of-everyone-on-an-internet-car-forum/

Jack Baruth said:
I found a quarter-mile time. Then another. Then I found a discussion about how the CB1100's speed limiter cuts in before the end of the quarter mile. So I started calculating what the "potential" quarter-mile might be. I didn't like some of the times gotten by various magazines, so I searched until I found a time and a trap speed that I liked, then I started calculating further, and then...

My God, I've become That Forum Guy.
In the few years since I started writing for Road & Track, I've made it a point to read as much criticism and commentary on my articles as possible. It's my belief that you can learn a lot from your critics, even if they say things that seem deliberately hurtful or just plain stupid.

·
Registered
4,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wonder if Jack had you in mind when he thought about the prototypical That Forum Guy.
He may have, except I don't read car magazines. Who am I lying to, I don't read. I don't know how. But thanks for pointing out that I don't know how to read to everyone, and then making fun of me for it. You're probably going to hell for picking on someone like me, I'm just saying. I hope your god is more forgiving than mine, because mine already has a lightning bolt ready for your racist ass.

·
Registered
MK6 Golf R / 65’ Baja Bug
894 Posts
inb4 lock.:beer: PS in your quotation i didn't see the mention of a specific website, so you are just guessing whom he talks about and your rambling plus previous threads you just seem to like to russle jimmys. Congrats

·
Registered
19,600 Posts
He may have, except I don't read car magazines. Who am I lying to, I don't read. I don't know how. But thanks for pointing out that I don't know how to read to everyone, and then making fun of me for it. You're probably going to hell for picking on someone like me, I'm just saying. I hope your god is more forgiving than mine, because mine already has a lightning bolt ready for your racist ass.
There is no god and you're an idiot for calling out someone for being a racist with no evidence in their post.

Lock this post up mods, before this turns into another stupidity **** storm.

·
Banned
1,312 Posts
There's no way we're the only car forum that thinks he should look for new employment.

·
Banned
10,283 Posts
Here I was thinking that Jack had written something very similar to this not long ago. Then I look at the article and realize it is from Nov. 2015 and OP has no clue what "latest article" means. :banghead:

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
He's got a point. I don't think he is referring to any one person or forum. Just look at any NSX, Audi or BMW thread. Don't even get me started when someone's favorite car loses a comparison test, then it turns to chip XYZ car and its faster(stock vs modded), the winner had cheater tires, used vs new etc...

Remember the sh#tstorm this one caused;

Yes I am guilty, The B5 S4 is the greatest most reliable car ever!

·
Premium Member
'20 V60, '12 MCS
13,486 Posts
Umm, what?

·
Registered
Bluestar, NA, XL40
15,390 Posts

·
Registered
4,987 Posts
I wonder if Jack still lurks around here under another username. I was curious as to when his last post under Viergang Fuchs was, so I looked it up. It was March 2008.

·
Registered
42,017 Posts
4/5

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.