VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
521 - 540 of 1106 Posts

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #521 ·
Off Topic

Well fellow .:R fanatics... Although I still dont have any good car news to report :bs: One good thing is that work has been keeping me pretty busy. So I was thinking..

Since this work has got me going from Providence RI all the way up to Vermont and then back down to Baltimore MD, and plenty of stops in between. I thought maybe I could link up with a few of you guys on the way.. (schedule permitting)

PM me if your down for a few drinks and a cruise (not necessarily in that order:peace:)

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Well fellow .:R fanatics... Although I still dont have any good car news to report :bs: One good thing is that work has been keeping me pretty busy. So I was thinking..

Since this work has got me going from Providence RI all the way up to Vermont and then back down to Baltimore MD, and plenty of stops in between. I thought maybe I could link up with a few of you guys on the way.. (schedule permitting)

PM me if your down for a few drinks and a cruise (not necessarily in that order:peace:)
Stop by Stratford, CT and meet Tom from Innovative Motorsports and Jeff the owner of United Motorsports.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #523 ·
Stop by Stratford, CT and meet Tom from Innovative Motorsports and Jeff the owner of United Motorsports.
Definitely a must:thumbup::thumbup: ..Gotta see what jeff thinks about UM tune on HPA clutches (since they are already installed)

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
sorry you're not making it Fastivus, would have been a solid MKV R to represent us. There's always next year :thumbup:

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #525 ·
sorry you're not making it Fastivus, would have been a solid MKV R to represent us. There's always next year :thumbup:
..but next year seem so far away :( Thought about heading up there anyway (without my car) Just to meet you guys and finally put faces to these names. Plus I'm sure there will be some awesome cars/events/ppl and prizes that would make the trip worth it.

But alas.. knowing 034 wasn't going to be even close to ready. I scheduled work already :facepalm:

Another bad decision made out of frustration:screwy:

Have a good time for me Ryan!!! And take lots of pics!!

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #526 · (Edited)
I can't tell you how depressing and frustrating it is that I didnt make it to fastivus:( ..Doesn't help that its rained for the last 3 days in Massachusetts/New Hampshire so I'm not even getting any work done :banghead:

But just to keep the car info current I did get a call from 034 this last Thursday (The 22nd). They were calling to tell me they felt the lug bolts on the wheels where too short. And to be safe they want to change them out to a longer bolt. Which was great that they are being proactive with the safety of the car:thumbup::thumbup:..

..Although (sigh) as usual.. Talking with 034 is like talking to someone with a serious case of bad breath anything good they tell you comes with a price:sly:.. Yes they did catch the short bolt thing.. BUT.. its Thursday, the car came back from getting the fender pulled last week Friday. So nothing gets done on my car for a whole week over lug bolts:confused::confused:??????..

UUgghhh..:facepalm:

And they wonder why i get upset:what:... After 19 months you would think there would be more of a sense of urgency...:bs::bs:

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #528 ·

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #530 ·
034 made a late contribution to the Fastivus raffle. $1,100 worth of engine mounts, spherical bearings, some other stuff.
Hows things going out there so far Peach? Did you have a Saturday or Sunday track day? take lots of pics of that blue beast

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
A week of potential progress lost for lug bolts? Sounds like a lame excuse to explain why the car sat for a week. The place that pulled the fenders are likely those who noticed the bolts being a little short, since removing the wheels is necessary. Specific members within 034 probably forgot to forward the info to those who needed it, so that it could be passed on to you. Obviously I don't know the whole story so jumping to conclusions doesn't help. Doesn't change the fact that these guys blow monkey bawls.

My buddy went through something similar when vf engineering was trying to tune (he installed their kit himself) his supercharged 4.2 S4, but at a severely shorter time scale of 10% the amount of months. He is done with vf and regrets the whole process, says he will never do something like that again. In the back of his his mind he has a fear of something breaking so he really doesn't drive it hard. That uneasiness is probably the result of this car being his 3rd audi and not vf's fault. German car ownership blows when you're out of warrany, something always fu ckin breaks.

Your people should throw you a homecoming party when (or if) you get your car back. Such a patient person deserves a reward for putting up with such an ordeal. It's like a guy who hung out in a hot chick's friend zone for a couple years who eventually got to bang her. But you're still waiting for gratification :D

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
Hows things going out there so far Peach? Did you have a Saturday or Sunday track day? take lots of pics of that blue beast
Great so far. Tracking both days. I'll buy the pro photos, but probably won't share them until I'm back home and have a little time (don't have a CD reader on the road).

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #533 · (Edited)
A week of potential progress lost for lug bolts? Sounds like a lame excuse to explain why the car sat for a week. The place that pulled the fenders are likely those who noticed the bolts being a little short, since removing the wheels is necessary. Specific members within 034 probably forgot to forward the info to those who needed it, so that it could be passed on to you. Obviously I don't know the whole story so jumping to conclusions doesn't help. Doesn't change the fact that these guys blow monkey bawls.

My buddy went through something similar when vf engineering was trying to tune (he installed their kit himself) his supercharged 4.2 S4, but at a severely shorter time scale of 10% the amount of months. He is done with vf and regrets the whole process, says he will never do something like that again. In the back of his his mind he has a fear of something breaking so he really doesn't drive it hard. That uneasiness is probably the result of this car being his 3rd audi and not vf's fault. German car ownership blows when you're out of warrany, something always fu ckin breaks.

Your people should throw you a homecoming party when (or if) you get your car back. Such a patient person deserves a reward for putting up with such an ordeal. It's like a guy who hung out in a hot chick's friend zone for a couple years who eventually got to bang her. But you're still waiting for gratification :D
Never thought of that but you are prolly right. It was more then likely the body shop that noticed the short thread thing. Although either they knew the lug bolt issue when the car came back from the body shop on Friday and then didnt contact me (or work on the car) until Thursday. Or no work got done all week and knowing my call was coming they just used the lug bolt issue as an excuse.. either way a week is gone that we cant get back with very little if any progress

Great so far. Tracking both days. I'll buy the pro photos, but probably won't share them until I'm back home and have a little time (don't have a CD reader on the road).
Can't wait to see them.. How many .:R's were up there? See anything unique? Oh n how were your times on Saturday? Planning on any changes to improve for Sunday?

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
Don't know the counts, I'm curious about that myself. We'll probably get a definitive count of the number of VWs in the group photo - should equal the number of raffle tickets handed out.

I ran very conservative times of 1:50 ish. King of the hill was 1:36 ish.

·
Registered
8,571 Posts
Don't know the counts, I'm curious about that myself. We'll probably get a definitive count of the number of VWs in the group photo - should equal the number of raffle tickets handed out.

I ran very conservative times of 1:50 ish. King of the hill was 1:36 ish.
Start counting ;) :laugh: I'm at 0:54 :)

·
Registered
3,643 Posts
Cool Vid! You might be able to see my daughter driving, lol.
Nice job Ryan...that was around your fastest time right? I was slow...partly due to downgrade in tires but mostly my bad driving.

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
thx bud, my fastest was in February running a 1:41.1.

I was hoping to do a 1:40 this time but just couldn't pull it off, need more practice. I need some extra ponies too on the top end. I need to figure out my next move power wise...

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
Anyone know what the Mk7 R did? I heard it ran.
It ran very well according to my boy Erik Ruggles who right seated it. I don't think there was a transponder involved, but he pronounced it best track hatch he's been in. And he shags a few rides.

521 - 540 of 1106 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.