VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The January sales figure is in now: 152. This is a good showing, given that January is a weak month and was especially hard on VW this time around. Phaeton sales are running almost 40% of A8 sales.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Re: January Sales Strong (jrdlr)

Quote, originally posted by jrdlr »
outsold the weak Q45(infiniti)

I consider that to be a very important point. Many people consider the Q45 to be a slow seller, but they are somehow convinced that the Phaeton will be and is a flop, not becouse is a bad car but becouse it is a VW, before being an expensive VW.

If the trend continues and Phaeton sales more then the Q45 despite costing 10 grands more (I think), that it will be an incoragging fact.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Re: January Sales Strong (Highline)

I believe the MSRP's are w/in a few thousand dollars, but the buy price is closer to 6 or 7 thousand difference. Infiniti was running some pretty heavy incentives on the Q45.

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Re: January Sales Strong (jrdlr)

The Phaeton (V8 & W12) outsold the Passat W8 (Sedan & Wagon) for the month of January.
OT=Today I celebrate my 1400th day on Vortex as a registered member...Been a geek for much longer.

Modified by VDUBfanatic at 9:33 PM 2-16-2004

·
Registered
118 Posts
Couple of thoughts:
First - new model, the "early adopters" will inflate early sales for any model, any make.
Second - Very low (subsidized) lease rates helping to push the Phaeton out the dealer. It would be interesting to get those sales/lease numbers separated.
Just points to consider.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Re: January Sales Strong (Highline)

Quote, originally posted by Highline »

I consider that to be a very important point. Many people consider the Q45 to be a slow seller, but they are somehow convinced that the Phaeton will be and is a flop, not becouse is a bad car but becouse it is a VW, before being an expensive VW.

If the trend continues and Phaeton sales more then the Q45 despite costing 10 grands more (I think), that it will be an incoragging fact.

A Phaeton to a Q45 is no comparison. While the Q is the "Benchmark" for Luxury in Infiniti. The Phaeton is in a different class of car. Can you compare a Cadi to Phaeton, no way. Yet one could compare a Cadi to a Q... Believe me I sell Q45s and we are located next to a Cadilac dealer..

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Re: January Sales Strong (vw_chris)

That's an interesting thought, the only reason I thought of this comparison was because I had a customer come in w/ a Q45 saying he was considering the Phaeton as a replacement when his lease ended.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Advertising

I wonder if you dealers (jrdlr,vwguild, etc.) have been updated as to the plans for advertising for the Phaeton. I haven't seen many more TV ads and have seen no print ads thus far (granted, I spend much of my free time riding chairlifts or reading medical journals)!
Lots of interest from folks at the ski area; a lot of informed VW owners come over. One gentleman of about age 50 asked if I was a "BMW Man" prior to the Phaeton! Very positive responses, even with the Phaeton caked with road salt, mud and ice.
I've been driving the c**p out of it on dirt/ice roads--still no rattles. I'm EXTREMELY impressed with the build quality. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
918 Posts
Re: January Sales Strong (vw_chris)

I traded a 2002 Q45 for the Phaeton 6 months before my lease was up and you can't compare the two. The Q was an OK car except for it's horrible delay in acceleration (2 seconds!). I don’t miss it at all. The Phaeton’s only weakness is the VW badge which is OK with me.

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
Re: January Sales Strong (bobm)

Now that there are several folks recieving their Phaetons, I think its time everybody starts posting pictures

Who's going to be the first to "mod" their Phaeton

Any word on sales so far. I heard something about over 420 so far.

·
Registered
2020 Mercedes A250 4Matic
18,481 Posts
Re: January Sales Strong (ASurroca)

7 Phaetons were sold in Canada in February.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts