VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

81 - 90 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
WTF!!! Stop hitting my car!!!!

8-30-18
Dude swiped my car in the NAPA parking lot.

Guy wasn't paying attention in the parking lot and literally side swiped me before I pulled out of a parking spot. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

-No I wasn't parked like that. Just moved over to that area to go closer to where the guy was that hit me so we could exchange info.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #83

Got My Car Back - NEW BUMPERS!!!!

-The repair shop told me it would be cheaper and faster for them to replace both my front and rear bumpers and then spray them to match. Somehow my insurance (thanks State Farm) made it happen and now if have 2 bran new OEM bumpers. Pretty excited about that.

-A few pics I took the first day I had it back. Can you tell I'm terrified of door dings with the way I park? LOL

·
Registered
4,165 Posts
Hell yeah. I need new bumpers and I have State Farm. But then I’d be worried about dragging them or scratching them.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
12-4-18
Dam this car is fun!!!

-Had to drive up to Big Bear for work. Its a long windy mountain road. I always have wayy too much fun on the way up and down. I'm very pleased with my current suspension setup and current tires. Car is loads of fun, predictable and punching above it's weight for what it is. Got to pester an STI the entire way up the mountain. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

-Took a few photos of the car while I was up there.

·
Registered
80 Caddy, 88 Cabby, 91 Jetta TDI, 15 GSW TDI, 19 Tiguan
24,381 Posts
Hey, really enjoyed the thread. Keep up the good work! I love a clean 20th.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Also enjoyed reading this. Wouldn't have found it if not for the vwvortex feature. You and I are on similar but different paths with our JB 20ths by the looks. Great work - keep it up we need more guys like us representing and preserving these cars. :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
Hey, really enjoyed the thread. Keep up the good work! I love a clean 20th.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Also enjoyed reading this. Wouldn't have found it if not for the vwvortex feature. You and I are on similar but different paths with our JB 20ths by the looks. Great work - keep it up we need more guys like us representing and preserving these cars. :thumbup:
Many thanks to the both of you. I've got a few more updates coming, just need to take the time to organize photos and make the posts.

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
I fully support this effort as I'm doing something similar to my R32 as I've retired it from track duty and as values are on the climb stock is better not only for value but comfort. Not doing it quite to this extent but as best as I can given some of the irreversible mods Ive done to the car over my decade long ownership. Kudos to you sir! :thumbup:

81 - 90 of 90 Posts