VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
what's the benefit of buy this over a racechip of unitronic? Cuz I have a racechip middle edition rn and I amd curious whats the difference?

·
Registered
38 Posts
im running the JB4 now, im 4 days in and it is much more smoother than the racechip and the chipwerke, will be selling both of those. jb4 is definitly the best unit for the 1.4t, especially with custom maps that reflect current mods.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I would sell my racechip and get a jb4 but I live in California and they don’t ship here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
26 Posts
Installed the jb4 on my jetta a week ago, love it. Hint of warning to those who try it, when playing with the maps, try no to go over 19psi. I made this mistake and now my turbo wines lol trying to figure out some way to install a better turbo on my car so I can push past 21 psi or keep it there. The short time I ran 21psi it was amazing

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
26 Posts
Installed the jb4 on my jetta a week ago, love it. Hint of warning to those who try it, when playing with the maps, try no to go over 19psi. I made this mistake and now my turbo wines lol trying to figure out some way to install a better turbo on my car so I can push past 21 psi or keep it there. The short time I ran 21psi it was amazing

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk
Hey thanks for your post. Because I am in search of trying to get some serious gains that unitronic software isnt really offering me. From what i am reading and learning about with the JB4 it isnt restricted with remapping. I am curious if there are any other engine upgrade to help with better system flow like a bigger camshaft, fuel injectors.I upgrade I found a bigger turbo on ecs tunning Garrett GEN2 GTX3076R Dual Ball Bearing turbocharger . So your saying your turbo needs some repair now after pushing the boost? I believe it because the stock turbo isn't designed for all that. Its cool that you tried it out with the JB4. Like I was saying I really was hyped for unitronics Stage 2 tune, but now looking into the JB4 I see future possibilities for larger upgrades to really spark the 1.4T. Hopefully you see this post. I don't know anyone trying the stuff you mentioned. It'd be nice to hear how your build is coming along. Thanks dude

·
Registered
26 Posts
im running the JB4 now, im 4 days in and it is much more smoother than the racechip and the chipwerke, will be selling both of those. jb4 is definitly the best unit for the 1.4t, especially with custom maps that reflect current mods.
Are you able to give an example of custom maps that reflect current mods. Thanks

·
Registered
26 Posts
Ive been running mine for well over a year now. Heres the map6 file im running, im at sea level as well so this map may not work for higher elevations. Warm days ill push 23 psi, cooler days I see 20-21psi

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
26 Posts
Ive been running mine for well over a year now. Heres the map6 file im running, im at sea level as well so this map may not work for higher elevations. Warm days ill push 23 psi, cooler days I see 20-21psi

Thank you for the reply. So what about that noise from the turbo. How did you go about that? Did you get any further upgrades?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Thank you for the reply. So what about that noise from the turbo. How did you go about that? Did you get any further upgrades?
I had a line leaking from somewhere on the evap side. After I redid my intake setup I dont have the noise anymore. I live in mobile, al so this map should work for you too. Are you auto or manual?

·
Registered
26 Posts
I had a line leaking from somewhere on the evap side. After I redid my intake setup I dont have the noise anymore. I live in mobile, al so this map should work for you too. Are you auto or manual?

Manual

·
Registered
26 Posts
If you run my tune, you will want to upgrade the clutch

Oh most definitely without doubt. I’m looking at southbend stage 2. So just a couple more questions. I’m glad your active on the thread still! So what’s the displacement now hp tq boost? Also does the JB4 allow more fine tuning than the other tune software or is it restricted and set to what the manufacturer allows?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Oh most definitely without doubt. I’m looking at southbend stage 2. So just a couple more questions. I’m glad your active on the thread still! So what’s the displacement now hp tq boost? Also does the JB4 allow more fine tuning than the other tune software or is it restricted and set to what the manufacturer allows?
I have to get on a dyno soon. I went with a spec stage 2 clutch, and i love it. Havent been on much lol been busy but I do keep an eye on this board.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Nice. I think I might look into that one as well. So realistically you can make fine tunes with jb4? Things that are different from traditional plug n play

·
Registered
26 Posts
Nice. I think I might look into that one as well. So realistically you can make fine tunes with jb4? Things that are different from traditional plug n play
Boost pressure and thats about it for the ea211. It also has a meth adjustment and trigger system you can add in as well.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts