VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Get Off My Lawn!!!
29,544 Posts
Whenever folks complain about cars today, just refer them to this post. :)

·
Get Off My Lawn!!!
29,544 Posts
120hp V8, 14mpg and an 18-second 1/4-mile... Where do I sign?!
Don't forget "quality control" that would make the typical worker at the Soviet People's Automobile Works plant number seven retch with revulsion. These were SERIOUSLY poorly-assembled piles of crap, folks.

...and I LIKE AMC products. :laugh:

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
Don't forget "quality control" that would make the typical worker at the Soviet People's Automobile Works plant number seven retch with revulsion. These were SERIOUSLY poorly-assembled piles of crap, folks.

...and I LIKE AMC products. :laugh:
Eeeshhh... I could never have lived back then... unless I could afford a 924 turbo I think... :laugh:

·
Registered
7,625 Posts
To me that looks like a 1960's interior. And not only does it suck fuel and do nothing, that thing makes a lot of NOISE to do so!

Would be interested to see one without all the graphics and junk.

·
Registered
11,934 Posts
Our family had a 1977 Hornet (same year as that test) but ours was a base model 4 door sedan with the 258 cu in 6-cyl and automatic. Red with black vinyl interior, no A/C, no radio (it was mom's car, and she never listened to the radio anyways).

That car was in the family for 6 years and only accumulated something like 25,000 miles in that time (1977 was the last year that speedo/odo in Canadian cars was in miles). In that time, it broke a leaf spring (which punched a hole through the trunk floor), the transmission broke, the hazard-warning switch broke, gas mileage was dismal (and it was SLOW), and there were probably other things that went wrong that I've forgotten. That was also the last American-made car that my dad ever bought.

The '66 Rambler that the Hornet replaced was a better car, although you could see the rear wheels through the holes in the trunk by the end.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.